Eliminating Or Greatly Reducing Blur

Recently, after purchasing both Saints Row IV (SRIV) and Saints Row: The Third (SRTT), I went ahead and bought Saints Row 2 (SR2) as well to see how it compares to later games in the series.

There are some distinctly unique aspects that i'm enjoying about SR2, particularly the variety of customization options for characters, Stilwater and the variety of stores on offer. However, one aspect of the game that is really detracting from my overall enjoyment is the huge amount of blur present in the game.

Whenever I move the camera upwards towards the sky or in a certain direction other than straight ahead, both the Boss character and parts of the HUD become extremely blurry. This is really ugly to the eye and i'm hoping there's a way to turn it off somehow (either in-game or with a mod) like can be done in later Saints Row games.

I've attached screenshots of the game as well as my option menu to show what i'm talking about.

No matter what options I set (including turning off motion blur), I can't seem to get rid of this unsightly blur.

Any help in eliminating (preferred) or at least greatly reducing the prominence of blur, would be great.

Attachments

• sr2blursrms1.jpg
    sr2blursrms1.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 529
  • sr2blursrms2.jpg
    sr2blursrms2.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 514
  • sr2blursrms3.jpg
    sr2blursrms3.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 511
  • sr2blursrms4.jpg
    sr2blursrms4.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 584
  • sr2blursrms5.jpg
    sr2blursrms5.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 506
  • sr2blursrms6.jpg
    sr2blursrms6.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 626
  • sr2blursrms7.jpg
    sr2blursrms7.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 667
I'm a total novice when it comes to modding this game, but is this what you're referring to (see attachment)?

sr2blursrms8.jpg

I've just realised I do have the Shinobu fix mod in my Saints Row 2 game directory, although I don't know that i'm using it properly at the moment.

Last edited:
That did the trick. Thanks!

Now i've just got to work out what settings to apply, whether it be main-game, SweetFX or where ever else, to get the game looking as good as some the screenshots in threads here.

Back