EDIT: Make damage in the hack screen pop you out of the hack process

EDIT: Alright, as people have pointed out, you can actually leave a store hack in progress early by going to "Exit Diversion" in the main menu. The problem with that is that it's A) not very obvious, and B) raises your notoriety level immediately.

What I'd like to see is something like in other menus and such: if you start taking damage you get taken out of the menu so you can deal with the problem. Right now if you enter a hack, then start getting attacked (say because you pissed off a random pedestrian) you'd better hope you don't die before you finish, or be okay with gaining a bunch of notoriety for ending early. Instead, I propose that taking damage during a hack (that isn't from a co-op player) pulls you out of the hack without setting off the alarms. That way you can deal with whatever is trying to kill you without summoning more d00ds to your location.

Last edited:
I didn't see that when I tried it last time, but perhaps I wasn't paying attention.

I'd love to check but I made the mistake of downloading the patch, so I have to leave SRIV alone until it's rolled back.

Still, suggestion stands: should have any non-co-op damage in the hack menu pop you out of the hack immediately.

Press Escape.
Exit Diversion (or something like that).

Keep in mind that "Exit Diversion" instantly flags you as wanted as if the timer ran out. I feel this is intentional though, and should not be changed.

Alright, lemme see if I can edit the title to reflect the suggestion more accurately. I was unaware of the "Exit Diversion" option. It's not terribly obvious.

It would be a bit annoying if you were on the last square and could survive the damage but got bumped out. A "cancel" button on the hack screen would be nice, though.

A little annoying, yeah, but it's already annoying when you're shopping and get bumped out, etc. etc. It would be annoying but in a way we already expect. Being locked into the hack menu while someone shoots you to death is a whole new type of annoying. :p

Back