DualShock 3/4 mod (Controller+Buttons)

For Saints Row IV version look HERE
For Saints Row: Gat out of Hell version look HERE

Hello there! This mod replaces Xbox 360 Controller and buttons with their DualShock 3/4 equivalents.

Simply copy the files in DualShock 3 or DualShock 4 folder to game's root ie. Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row The Third\

Screenshots:
(Click for bigger ones!!)
DualShock 3

DualShock 4

Xbox One version coming as well later!

Changelog:

• Added DualShock 4 controller
  • Added missing file that changes LS/RS to L/R
  • Initial release

Known Issues:
  • Y Button over peds/brutes is unchanged as I lack anything good to replace it (Even then I'll have to find it anyway)
  • The same applies to Y QTE button if it's even used
  • Binding menu still shows PC buttons - AFAIK this happens in vanilla too as console versions lack this menu for obvious reasons. I know where this is in code, but have no idea how to fix it.
  • DualShock 4 Share button is incorrectly pointed at. (Too lazy to change it)
Report only major bugs if there are any. Minor alignment stuff might get fixed later.

Attachments

• SaintsRowTheThird_DS3_1.0.1.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,611
  • SaintsRowTheThird_DS3&DS4_1.1.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 4,072
Last edited:
Oops I just noticed I forgot to pack one file which takes care of LS/RS changing to L/R. My mistake.
1.0.1 released! Work on SRIV version is also progressing rather well.

EDIT: Removed 1.0 as there are people still downloading it despite it not being complete package :|

Last edited:
I already have buttons working in SRIV, but the QTEs are wonky. Will need to check them out further.
Also it seems some code was deleted so LAnalog>Dpad switch is longer possible it seems.
I admit that some of this stupid stuff I have to deal with in SRIV made me bit lazy.

Last edited:
Version Compatible with Mission Replay 8.1?

Hey there, I know this is quite late as I see you created this is 2015. Is there any way to replicate this for the new Remastered version (Epic Games Store)? It would be amazing if you could help in achieving this as I really dislike seeing the Xbox button prompts! Hope to hear back from you.

Back