Saints Row 2 Dogs were in the game?

I just discovered playing around near the Saints Hideout crib and I heard dogs barking, later that day I found textures referring to a dog. Was dogs actually cut from the game before releasing it?

Example of a dog texture found in extracted sr2_chunk060, fu_dog_co.tga_0.png:
fu_dog_co.tga_0.png

I could be wrong but, those look like textures from the museum gift shop statues. It might be Cerberus

I could be wrong but, those look like textures from the museum gift shop statues. It might be Cerberus
I don't think so, that texture was extracted from sr2_chunk060, the same area where the Lopez Mansion is. Which I'm restoring the mansion. Is there a statue of Cerberus in this area too? Here's where its at:
sr2_chunk060.tga_0.jpg

Last edited:
Monster? Could it be Merhman?

I google searched "fu dog" and this was the type of statues I was seeing. So this is definitely right. I also find that textures tend to be stored in random places, this is also true in SRTT.

Edit: For example, a .str2_pc file named "Daedalus" would contain textures for the "Tits n Grits" billboard and woman-lamp-statues.

Edit again: Just found out Little Shanghai was just above the mansions, so it's more related than I thought it was.:confused:

Last edited:
That's cool. I didn't think it was in Chinatown lol.

Back