Does mods not work in pirated versions?

First of all I'm not a pirate, my steam copy of the game came with my graphics card :)
However, while I was reading comments on mod threads, when a user saids their game crashes after installing the mods, people immediately know that they are a pirate, is it because saints row iv disables the mods for pirates?

I think when the .exe file, steam_api.dll (and whatever other) files are cracked, I think the game becomes reverse-engineered enough that when mods try to "modify" parts of the game its meant to affect and can't change it, then the mods won't be able to work (either nothing happens or the game simply crashes). There are exceptions out there but this isn't the place to discuss them.

Last edited:
I think it's more of the mods are only designed to work with Steamworks, which is what's missing from pirated copies

There's one big major reason it breaks, and I'm semi-reluctant to disclose it. :)

Well i have the steam version but it does not launch, i also contacted saints row support and sent them all things they told me to but they just keep telling me that SRIV is not compatible with windows 10, so i downloaded a pirated version of SRIV and it works....
So basically Steam version sucks.

I think it's more of the mods are only designed to work with Steamworks, which is what's missing from pirated copies
I think it depends on the cracked exe file as I figured out most of the
cracked versions are totally outdated even the cracked steam versions.
Sandbox+ at sample works on cracked steam version but camera slew mode
won't work.Also workshop mods won't work.Thats what was posted somewehre
already in the forum and it sounds plausible to me.And yes I've got a registred steam
Version. :)
Btw.: I'm on win10pro and Official Steam Version works fine.

Well i have the steam version but it does not launch, i also contacted saints row support and sent them all things they told me to but they just keep telling me that SRIV is not compatible with windows 10, so i downloaded a pirated version of SRIV and it works....
So basically Steam version sucks.
I never knew there were a Saints Row Support but I do know there is a Official Deep Silver support written in the SRIV manual. Another thing that got me confused is I've played SRIV GOG version on Windows 10 and it works. Have you tried Compatibility Mode Windows Vista SP2 in Windows 10? Also this I found on Steam will work too: https://steamcommunity.com/app/206420/discussions/0/535152276583503770/

Back