Does anyone know where to start with increasing the game's LOD/view distance?

I've had some success messing around with Trees.xtbl (minus some weird shadow fade in some of the branches of the trees, but I was curious about increasing the view distance of really everything else in the game.

I know you can mess with distant ped and distant vehicle settings:

distant_peds.xtbl
distant_ped_spawn_parameters.xtbl
distant_ped_colors.xtbl
distant_vehicles.xtbl
distant_vehicle_traffic_types.xtbl
distant_vehicle_spawn_parameters.xtbl
distant_vehicle_colors.xtbl​

These LODs were added in SR2 because of aircraft implementation. They are effects, as opposed to individual vehicles/NPCs.

-distant_peds.xtbl might allow you to swap out it's model (cmBod_simple01.cmesh) with a another .cmesh.

-Maybe you can do the same with distant_vehicles.xtbl.

-distant_vehicles.xtbl also suggests there were initially meant to be distant boats. It's model (boat_medium.smesh) doesn't exist in the final release, but again, you might be able to swap the model with another .smesh.
You will need to copy everything from under <TableTemplates> and paste it under <Table> for it to have a chance of working.

I would approach all of this with caution, due to the infamous "Freezer" bug. Keep a backup of the save you're using.

I know you can mess with distant ped and distant vehicle settings:

distant_peds.xtbl​
distant_ped_spawn_parameters.xtbl​
distant_ped_colors.xtbl​
distant_vehicles.xtbl​
distant_vehicle_traffic_types.xtbl​
distant_vehicle_spawn_parameters.xtbl​
distant_vehicle_colors.xtbl​

These LODs were added in SR2 because of aircraft implementation. They are effects, as opposed to individual vehicles/NPCs.

-distant_peds.xtbl might allow you to swap out it's model (cmBod_simple01.cmesh) with a another .cmesh.

-Maybe you can do the same with distant_vehicles.xtbl.

-distant_vehicles.xtbl also suggests there were initially meant to be distant boats. It's model (boat_medium.smesh) doesn't exist in the final release, but again, you might be able to swap the model with another .smesh.
You will need to copy everything from under <TableTemplates> and paste it under <Table> for it to have a chance of working.

I would approach all of this with caution, due to the infamous "Freezer" bug. Keep a backup of the save you're using.
Sweet, I will report back on the results soon! thanks for the quick response!

Back