Disabled angular damping (based on [GoSP] Jon's Revamped Car Physics)

--> DESCRIPTION <--
This mod disables angular damping on all land vehicles (except bikes, monster trucks and tanks).

--> WHAT IS ANGULAR DAMPING? <--
Quoting [GoSP] Jon:
Angular damping tries to limit how much a car can pitch, roll or rotate. This mod disables this system, allowing cars to drive in much less of an arcadey on-rails way and also allows cars to flip and rotate in all their glory when they are hit.

--> COMPATIBILITY <--

All common vehicle tables remained unchanged in GOOH so they're compatible with both SR IV and SR: GOOH. There are some vehicles which only exist in one game though, you'll need to copy their tables from either 'Vehicles from SR GOOH' or 'Vehicles from SR IV DLC' folder.
If you would like to use this mod with Expanded Arsenal Mod, overwrite its 'suv_4dr_02_saints_veh.xtbl' file with the one from 'Expanded Arsenal Mod - compatibility patch' folder.

--> HOW TO INSTALL? <--

• Copy all files from 'Vehicles common to both SR IV and GOOH' to your Saints Row IV/Gat Out Of Hell install folder.
    • TIP: Saints Row IV/Gat Out Of Hell install folder will be wherever you installed Steam: ..\Steam\SteamApps\common\Saints Row IV/Saints Row Gat out of Hell
  • Done! Now everything should work properly.
--> HEAVY TRUCKS ADD-ON <--
This little add-on based on Shitface's Weapon Re-Balance makes all big trucks crush smaller vehicles! Just like tanks! To have this feature in your game, copy all files from 'Heavy trucks add-on' folder. Remember to press 'Yes' if the OS asks you to replace files.

--> CREDITS <--

Updated on the 1st January 2016. Happy New Year, everyone! :D

Attachments

• Fan of Saints' Disabled angular damping V1.1.7z
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,927
Last edited:
I discovered that all files included in this mod are compatible with Saints Row: Gat out of Hell. There are some new vehicles though (very few but still) - if you want to disable angular damping for them, download the special patch I've just uploaded.
Come to think of it, the SRTT version may have actually been compatible with SR4. I never tried it though.

Come to think of it, the SRTT version may have actually been compatible with SR4. I never tried it though.
Many vehicles have been changed in SR IV (espessially those which were as DLCs in SR:TT but got included in SR IV for free). In Gat Out of Hell they only changed models and logos, they didn't even bother to write new names because who gives a shit if there's no car storage. I compared the files with WinMerge and they are literally the same. :p

screenshot?
Here you go:
Disabled angular damping screenshot.png

Back