Did this cause the problem?

I just switched on my computer because I didn't use it for the rest of the day, my security tells me I need to scan it, (nothing serious), once it was done I clicked to repair any errors. Everything seemed well.

Then a couple of minutes later, I just decided to mod SR2 for a bit, specifically the neighbourhood.xtbl file were it tells you who controls what hood.
I changed the prison from been owned by the Police to Playas (Saints).

I booted up the game and it ran fine, checked the map to see if there was a purple colour around the prison part of the map and didn't work.

After that I decided to test some other stuff I changed.
Few seconds later my screen went AWOL. I can't really explain it but I have took a photo when I was trying to repair the computer.

The other mods I have are fine, they work well with no problems during the pass days like changes to the Drug trafficking activity's etc. Has anyone had anything like this?! Strange.
IMAG0027.jpg
IMAG0027.jpg

I have seen that before (though not as severe.) For some reason changing the ownership of either the Ultor district or the prison one blows up the game. Hard.

I have seen that before (though not as severe.) For some reason changing the ownership of either the Ultor district or the prison one blows up the game. Hard.
Right, I can't see how this can happen to my whole computer, but is there ANYTHING at all that I can do to fix this? I have important stuff on my pc that I can not lose. This still happens, I'm currently using my friend's laptop.
Any help is appreciated.

If booting your PC results in this, it looks more like a possible splattered boot sector issue on your HDD, not a crash from a game. You might try booting from CD/DVD/USB and running a disk scan, try fixing the boot sector.

Something went horribly wrong. Even a bit of hard drive corruption wouldn't on its own cause a graphical glitch in the recovery UI like that. No, modding the game or screwing up when modding the game won't cause this. I suggest:

a memory test, using memtest86+ or windows memory diagnostic, allowed to run overnight 6-8 hours, with extended tests enabled
a hard disk scan with chkdsk, including the surface scan, which will take a long time
make sure all your fans are running

Illusive Saint _-> do you have the same glitch while you're running BIOS?
clean up your PC. Heat and dust can be very destructive
try replacing your graphic card with the IGP and see if something has changed. probably your video memory has been damaged.

It's okay now, I found the source of the problem, it was my graphics card, I was just searching around my house for my old computer I hadn't used in years and used that graphics card, thank God it was not my computer like the motherboard! :)
I'm going to look online for a new one.
It said online that sometimes when using a graphics card for so long may cause this problem.

Thanks for the help anyways guys! I appreciate it! :)

Sorry for double posting, but I need to know before I order a new one.
The picture below is of my broken graphics card, can anyone suggest an upgrade from a Palit GTX 560, there is also two small ports on this graphics card that connects to my PC would a new upgraded card need these ports as well?

Attachments

• IMAG0028.jpg
    IMAG0028.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 795
Which two ports are you talking about? Your picture doesn't make that very clear. If you're talking about the two 6 or 8 pin ports on the end there to connect it to your PSU- yes, you'll need to have them plugged in. If not, you're doing it wrong.
Sorry. here's another of the ports.

Attachments

• IMAG0029.jpg
    IMAG0029.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 321
Back