DEX_PLAYERCHAT - weird sr2 audio

in sr2's audio files there's this really curious set of lines for Dex that's referred to as DEX_PLAYERCHAT in voice_pc. it sounds like cutscene dialogue with Boss where they're talking face to face, but i wasn't able to locate Boss' lines if they do exist. they're not in voice_pc and there's no sign of the whole thing in the string files from what i saw

you can listen to it here, it goes as follows:
I want your help.
Nice to see you too.
You look good.
I’m not talking about favors. I’m talking about paying.
An independent science company is close to developing totally green energy. If they go public, you think people are gonna want a nuke plant in their town?
I need you to jack their shipments of prototype parts.
I’m glad we can look past what’s happened before.

so what is this? this is not actually used anywhere, right? Dex was just gonna work with Boss originally, just like Troy had that cut call for hitman?

in sr2's audio files there's this really curious set of lines for Dex that's referred to as DEX_PLAYERCHAT in voice_pc. it sounds like cutscene dialogue with Boss where they're talking face to face, but i wasn't able to locate Boss' lines if they do exist. they're not in voice_pc and there's no sign of the whole thing in the string files from what i saw

you can listen to it here, it goes as follows:

so what is this? this is not actually used anywhere, right? Dex was just gonna work with Boss originally, just like Troy had that cut call for hitman?
It seems that Dex wasnt originally planned to betray the boss and the saints.. Interesting finds

It seems that Dex wasnt originally planned to betray the boss and the saints.. Interesting finds
it is tantalizing. never seen anyone talk about it before either, even though the implications are pretty big. it's especially that last line, "glad we can look past what's happened before". was Revelation still supposed to happen the way it did if they'd included whatever this was for? i've always thought that mission belongs right at the end of the prologue and leaving it as a hidden "extra" was a huge narrative misstep from V. if it was at the beginning as an actual part of the campaign there'd be plenty of room for a reconciliation (or just blackmail or something) as unlikely that would be. this shit's really making my imagination run wild lol

but then again, although i said this sounds like cutscene audio it's really more specifically reminiscent of sr2's activity cutscene dialogue since the campaign cutscene audio is mixed into a single track. this was not grouped with either cutscene type though, it's in freeroam dialogue for named characters (SR2_VOC_SP.xwb). honestly the idea of Dex being relegated to an activity npc instead of becoming the fandom's Archvillain Extraordinaire sounds both hilarious and very disappointing in retrospect.

maybe once Volition gets more active on their social media accounts again we could get an answer for what this was supposed to be used for, if anything at all.

Back