deleted

The title says it all, does the default build of Gentlemen of the Row contain the Win 7 speedup Bug fix?

Edit: Also does it include the various mission bug fixes?

No, it does not include the speedup fix. You will need powertools for that.

Yes, it does contain all the bug fixes by default.

PowerTools does work and makes the game smooth as silk, but saddly in my experience it brought tons of CTDs every 5-15 minutes... i found a solution that pretty much ENDS 4 EVER the super fast speed in Win7, you may want to check this FIX in the following thread in case you want to try my solution:

http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/problems-with-the-german-version.4080/

If you are more interested in how to make PowerTools work, just grab the latest version, uncompress and place all the files in main Saints Row 2 folder and just run the Install.cmd, thats pretty much how to do it, you may want to mess with "PowerTools.ini" under:

[speed]
percentage = 1.0

You may want to alter the percentage from 1 to .75 or even up to .95

You need try anything in between to see which works best in your system.

Speedup bug?? I've never gotten that and I have Windows 7 installed

Speedup bug?? I've never gotten that and I have Windows 7 installed

On my system I didn't find a need for the fix, specs of my system should be in sig below.
I did try it though and did make a adjustment of a factor .95 via stopwatch test. However I ended up removing the speedup fix and I had
no issues that I could detect as a result. I think it just depends on your system. I'd not bother unless you are having issues as mentioned it is meant to address.

The most bang for buck I got for stability issues was running the game in WINDOWED mode. It is far more stable in that mode on my system. Prior to
that it would crash at least twice a hour if not more even with Idol Ninjas Gentlemen of the Row pack installed, which fixes a bunch of stuff and aids stability too.
Windowed I have managed to run as much as 2 hours without a crash. Down side? One might get cocky and forget to save as often as they should, which is a lot with SR2. haha. Always make
lots of new saves. I've yet to have a corrupted save , that I know of anyway.

My first move with all games is to see if there's a windowed mode. And then I see if I can turn the music off--Saints Row is the only game series I don't because there's usually a few songs I like to hear

I have not had much CTDs issues on SR2 PC, i had a couple but i can pretty much play for a 6 hours straight without a single CTD, i have probably had around 5 CTDs in my 100+ hours of gameplay.

The only CTDs i recall having was sometimes scrolling through the "Suits" in several stores, those are the only CTDs i remember being replicable.

I remember the controls becoming unresponsive in those menus with Extended Sliders active...

Back