Cross-platform Xbox services are finally arriving

NO!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now we'll be forced to pay $60 per year (or more) to play all our games locally. :mad::(

Microsoft's whole push is to force everyone to pay a subscription for the things they used to get for free. They've already done it with Halo -- a game I used to love -- but I will not play the ridiculous rental fees to play a game in my own home that I could always play for free in the past. Xbox Live is like a plague!

I DO NOT WANT SUBSCRIPTION BASED GAMING!!! I WILL NOT BUY ANY GAME I HAVE TO PAY A SUBSCRIPTION FOR!

Last edited:
NO!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....I DO NOT WANT SUBSCRIPTION BASED GAMING!!! I WILL NOT BUY ANY GAME I HAVE TO PAY A SUBSCRIPTION FOR!
I agree with you 100%!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now we'll be forced to pay $60 per year (or more) to play all our games locally. :mad::(

Microsoft's whole push is to force everyone to pay a subscription for the things they used to get for free. They've already done it with Halo -- a game I used to love -- but I will not play the ridiculous rental fees to play a game in my own home that I could always play for free in the past. Xbox Live is like a plague!

I DO NOT WANT SUBSCRIPTION BASED GAMING!!! I WILL NOT BUY ANY GAME I HAVE TO PAY A SUBSCRIPTION FOR!

Dude wat, When we used to get free stuff? Halo has required xbox live since 2004. The only fee to play MS has is Game pass, and they dont force you to used it.

Dude wat, When we used to get free stuff? Halo has required xbox live since 2004.
Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo3, Halo ODST, Halo Reach, and Halo 4 all do not require Xbox Live Gold. We have 2 Xbox 360s and I play co-op all the time over system link for those games. Free! I have built many, many maps in Forge mode for Halo 3, Halo Reach and Halo 4. Free! I have never payed any subscription for the older Halo games.

Then Microsoft got greedy with Halo 5:
Can I play co-op system link (LAN) in Halo 5 for free? Nope. NOW, I need to pay for Xbox Live Gold for that. $60/year.
Can I play Forge to build maps in Halo 5 for free? Nope. NOW, I need to pay for Xbox Live Gold for that. $60/year.

So, the evidence is pretty clear. Microsoft wants to force everyone to pay a subscription to play their games, even locally.

Even though I love the Halo series, I didn't buy Halo 5 because it's just a giant money suck.

Last edited:
Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo3, Halo ODST, Halo Reach, and Halo 4 all do not require Xbox Live Gold. We have 2 Xbox 360s and I play co-op all the time over system link for those games. Free! I have built many, many maps in Forge mode for Halo 3, Halo Reach and Halo 4. Free! I have never payed any subscription for the older Halo games.

Then Microsoft got greedy with Halo 5:
Can I play co-op system link (LAN) in Halo 5 for free? Nope. NOW, I need to pay for Xbox Live Gold for that. $60/year.
Can I play Forge to build maps in Halo 5 for free? Nope. NOW, I need to pay for Xbox Live Gold for that. $60/year.

Needless to say, I didn't buy Halo 5 because it's just a giant money suck.

This was more a shitty development decision from 343i than a concern regarding the xbox live services. I wont argue with that tho, i hated those changes and the add of microtransactions too. (But, IMO Halo 5´mt are the best and fairest from any recent game). The game kinda flooped because of this btw, but its multiplayer is pretty solid and imo the best since halo 3. Anyways, it seems that MS learned of this mistake and they promised that halo 6 will have LAN features and split-screen.

Going back to the cross platforms, It seems more like an alliance between them and Nintendo, odd and unexpected if you ask me. What does MS wins from this? Nintendo probably accepted this so they can use Rare assets again. Theres even a rumor of a Switch port of MS exclusive Super Luckys Tale. But at the end who knows? I thinks its pretty soon to make assumptions. With Sony in its comfort zone and without an E3 this year, just imagine, an alliance with this two companies can make a huge monster within the industry.

Back