Creating Localization Files for Steam Workshop

Ok, this seems one step further, but now I got another error.

Attachments

• Captura de Tela (6).png
    Captura de Tela (6).png
    183.3 KB · Views: 554
Ok, this seems one step further, but now I got another error.
You have to specify the directory of the le_strings file, just like you did with the executable. The command should look more like this:
Code:
"C:\Users\wagne\Desktop\Saints Row IV Brasil\ThomasJepp.SaintsRow-rev121\ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.exe" sriv "C:\yourPath\menu_us.le_strings"

God, I can't believe it's been so many months already.

So, here's the thing. I couldn't continue with the project because school took all of my time. But I'm on vacation now, and I would like to try it once again. I'm trying to remember what I'm supposed to do, I downloaded a few files, notepad++ and the tools mentioned in this guide. I also saw that I began translating the main menu, but I can't really figure out what where to get the files to translate. I think I'm missing another tutorial or something.

Could anyone fill me in with the details?

Thanks.

EDIT: Got to use the modding apps again. Now I have access to the files that I need to edit. But something doesn't make sense here.

According to what @Minimaul said:

Once you're done translating each file, just drop the converted .le_strings file into the same directory as SaintsRowIV.exe with the same name that it originally had.

Ok, that works. But I'm confused. Why it didn't work when I updated my Steam workshop page? I followed your steps and got a few test updates on the SR4 Steam Workshop app but after updating it didn't work at all. It only worked after I dropped the file on the game's directory. How do I make the mod work directly via Steam workshop? That would be way more convenient for me to keep the work done.

Also, I would like to ask about words with accents. The game doesn't seem to recognize words like "Opções" - Options in portuguese. It shows as "Opçes", without the "õ". How can I fix this?

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Ok, that works. But I'm confused. Why it didn't work when I updated my Steam workshop page?
The workshop modding format is basically designed to let users add new assets, rather than replace existing ones. The string files in your packfile on workshop will get added to the game's pool of available strings, but not replace the vanilla English strings already there.
Dropping files in the same folder as the .exe is the old way of modding Saints Row, which pretty much only allowed replacing assets.

The workshop modding format is basically designed to let users add new assets, rather than replace existing ones. The string files in your packfile on workshop will get added to the game's pool of available strings, but not replace the vanilla English strings already there.
Dropping files in the same folder as the .exe is the old way of modding Saints Row, which pretty much only allowed replacing assets.

Thank you for the reply, @flow754

Then, what do I have to do to make a new asset, instead of replacing the vanilla one?

Back