Crash when encountering Minigun Brutes with an edited weapons.xtml file

Whenever I encounter a Minigun Brute and I have a modded weapons.xtml file in my main Saints Row 3 folder, my game crashes. It seems to happen either when the Brute starts firing or when I aim at the Brute to attack it. This issue happened with both Evangel's TOGO-13 upgrades mod and Snipe's Permanent Temporary Weapons mod, and in both cases I didn't have any of the affected weapons in my inventory.

Has anybody encountered this problem, and if so, what are the causes/solutions? I included a DxDiag file, but unfortunately I don't think the game creates a crash dump when it crashes this way. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    27.2 KB · Views: 726
Do you own the Steam version of SRTT?

Do you own the Steam version of SRTT?

I do. What would be the easiest way to prove it? I presume a link to my profile would do: here it is. If you need anything else, just lemme know; nothing to hide here!

I should also mention that all non-weapons related Gentlemen of Steelport mods work fine, as well as the Sandbox - though I get the sound cutting off issue after some time with that mod, but that's not relevant here.

Whoa there killer. I'm not out for blood. I just don't want to waste time troubleshooting if the problem was something obvious; i.e. a cracked version that has known issues with many of the mods.

Anyway, both of the mods you mention came out before the patch updates on Steam that added the new DLC weapon references. The Gentlemen of Steelport compilation and shitface's weapon rebalance have updated weapon table files that include the new dlc weapons, but older mods like these may have problems.

Apologies if my eagerness to prove I was clean came across as defensive!

Thanks for the info. Just for clarification, however, the version of Snipe's Permanent Temporary Weapons I was running when I tested for crashes came with the GoS pack. Is that relevant? I'm also assuming there's no easy fix to my problem short of waiting for new versions of those mods?

All right, I merged both Evangel's and Snipe's mods and these are the lines that came out as different:

Evangel: <Flag>zoom allows fine aim</Flag>
Snipe: (none)

Evangel: <Primary_Fire_Camera_Shake>weapon_fire_sniper</Primary_Fire_Camera_Shake>
Snipe: <Primary_Fire_Camera_Shake>weapon_fire_ar</Primary_Fire_Camera_Shake>

Evangel: <Primary_Fine_Aim_Camera_Shake>weapon_fire_sniper</Primary_Fine_Aim_Camera_Shake>
Snipe: <Primary_Fine_Aim_Camera_Shake>weapon_fire_ar</Primary_Fine_Aim_Camera_Shake>

All right! Turns out I was wrong; something must have gone awry when I tested my game with the Snipe's Permanent Temporary Weapons weapons.xtbl file, because I just tried again and it worked without a hitch. Rolling the zoom change from Evangel's mod into Snipe's weapons.xtbl and using Evangel's weapons_upgrades.xtbl file makes the TOGO-13 upgrades work just fine too.

Thanks for the help!

Back