SOLVED Crash on startup ONLY when using GotR

This is really boggling my mind. The vanilla game runs, (at least didn't have any issues playing through the tutorial). But as soon as I install GotR the game crashes after the Volition clip plays. Did pretty much everything the troubleshoot readme file says (played on windowed mode at 800x600, forced vsync, locked the game at 30 fps, etc). I also did quite a bit of research and it seems no one has this particular problem, which is kinda crazy.

Specs:
Windows 10
Ryzen 2200G
RX 580
8 GB Ram

Appreciate any help I can get

Do you have the German version of the game by any chance? That version is censored and not compatible with the mod.

Maybe the patch didn't build correctly? Were there are any error messages in the cmd window? What was its final size?

Also, a quick test to make sure you don't have the censored version is the very start of the game. If you are told to kill the doctor when you wake up it is uncensored. The German version removes this (among many other things.)

So I checked the file sizes and they were suspiciously small. Since I created the patch several times to no avail, I downloaded GotR again and even used a different program to extract it. As it turns out that fixed the issue! Thanks

Back