Crash and auto-restart

I have a really strange issue. My game randomly crashes and auto-restarts itself. I didn't have this issue in the past. I just recently got back to playing SR IV so I don't know if this is related to a recent patch or an older one, if at all. I have almost all available DLC (ETD etc.) and am running these mods,

Non-glitching city v1
SR4ShinyClothes 1.2
SRIVClothesFixes 1.2

All with the latest update for patch compatability. I did merge/update asm files as well.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The game seems to run a lot more stable in (borderless) windowed mode. I also set "Threaded Optimisation" to "on" for my Nvidia card. I read it here.

Attachments

• saintsrowiv_1126886_crash_2014_2_20T14_23_44C0.mdmp
    75.4 KB · Views: 531
Last edited:
The very first thing you should try is removing all mods and seeing if the problem persists.

Thanks for the tip. I already assumed that mods weren't the cause so I left them running. After the measures I took the game doesn't seem to crash anymore. I think it really doesn't like fullscreen mode?!

I reinstalled my OS (Win7) after switching to a new hard drive. Setting "Threaded Optimization" to "on" for my nVidia card resolved the crash-restart issue for me. Although, even though I'm running with the latest driver, the game is much laggier than before. Anyway, thanks for the tip. It saved me a lot of time troubleshooting :)

Do to the way mods work in SR 4 updates have a slightly higher chance of conflicting with mods. Every time I return to SR 4 or 3 it's almost guaranteed I'll have to update all my mods. I just booted it up yesterday, and had the same reboot, and CTD crash, however it only happened once and then seemed to be okay. Basically the better the mod the more likely it will need updated. Shitfaces NPC mod, and most of Idols various mods need updating when ever the game is updated. Good rule of thumb. However any mod can effect the game if Volition alters the same files it alters.

I had the same problem and i have all the dlc and no mods. i didnt play SR4 for ages but when i went to play it. It did it to me 2 times lol.

I had the same problem and i have all the dlc and no mods. i didnt play SR4 for ages but when i went to play it. It did it to me 2 times lol.

Have you verified integrity of game cache and updated video drivers?

every time i try and play a dlc misson or call a homie from dlc my game crashes and restarts i do have mods installed.:( does the mods have any thing do with this ?

every time i try and play a dlc misson or call a homie from dlc my game crashes and restarts i do have mods installed.:( does the mods have any thing do with this ?
Most likely. Many mods need to be updated every time the game is updated. Worst case scenario is that you have to uninstall your mods, see if your game works (if not verify cache in steam). Than download the newest versions of the mods you want and reinstall them. However you might just have to update the bigger mods. I'd try that first.

Back