1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corporate Meltdown mission does nothing after failing

Discussion in 'Get Help/Troubleshooting' started by WestleyWolf, May 23, 2017.

1. i got to the secret missions and all of a sudden Corporate Meltdown (ported DLC on Steam Version) does nothing and it doesn't do anything, people in the game just sits there and im just stuck in the helicopter. i even tried taking off GOTR. what should i do about this problem?

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  2. I know this topic is old so I'm sorry for bumping, but this is an interesting topic that deserves some technical explanations of what went wrong.

Short answer: You can install my More Mission Checkpoints mod to fix Corporate Meltdown's failure triggers.

Long Answer:

The Corporate Meltdown mission script is stored in "Gentlemen_of_the_Row_Saints_Row_2_Super_Mod_v1.9.2\optional_mod_stuff\modified\dlc05.lua".

Around line 929, the script invokes on_vehicle_destroyed function to set a "vehicle destroyed callback" to a truck you must protect:

Code (Text):

function dlc05_prep_truck_initial( truck )

-- Failure callbacks on all the trucks
       on_vehicle_destroyed( "TEXT_FAIL_TRUCK_DESTROYED", truck )

The on_vehicle_destroyed function takes two parameters: the name of the callback function that would be called when the vehicle gets destroyed (a function named "TEXT_FAIL_TRUCK_DESTROYED" in this case) and the name of the vehicle (in this case, it is the truck the player must protect).

The problem is, there is no such function named "TEXT_FAIL_TRUCK_DESTROYED" in the mission script! When the truck is destroyed, the game calls a function named "TEXT_FAIL_TRUCK_DESTROYED", but since that function doesn't exist, nothing happens, and so the mission enters stalemate.

The intended callback function (that triggers a Game Over) exists in the mission script but is named differently and is unused:
    Code (Text):

-------------------------------------
    -- Failure Conditions Handled Here --
    -------------------------------------

function dlc05_fail_truck_destroyed()

-- Kill any running vehicle chase threads
       for i, thread in pairs( Vehicle_chase_threads ) do
           thread_kill( thread )
       end

mission_end_failure( MISSION_NAME, "TEXT_FAIL_TRUCK_DESTROYED" )

end

The fix is change the callback name passed to on_vehicle_destroyed to the correct one:
    Code (Text):

function dlc05_prep_truck_initial( truck )

-- Failure callbacks on all the trucks
       on_vehicle_destroyed( "dlc05_fail_truck_destroyed", truck )

The same kind of bug exist for other failure conditions too (Helicopters and the Time Limit in Co-op mode) and similar fix is needed for them.
    These bugs are fixed in my More Mission Checkpoints mod.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  3. Thank you. now i can play it again.