Controller issues - how do you do it?

After playing Saints Row for a while with keyboard and mouse nd finding especially the driving missions very tedious, I decided on buying a wireless 360 controller. Now driving is indeed much easier using it, but when it comes to being on foot or aiming, I'm next to useless with the controller. Mostly I fire into the air, since I can't get a clear aim using the joystick.

This is especially tedious when having to do a driveby mission like the roadrage one.

So, is it all a matter of coming to terms with the controller or is there some secret of having a better aim and not constantly pointing the crosshairs into the sky.

Cruise control is your friend anytime you have to both drive and shoot. Learn it. Love it.

I switch between a controller and K&M depending on the situation. It's not so bad. When an intense firefight starts up, i just drop it in my lap and move my hands to the desk.

That's how I'm doing it too. But my problem is mainly with the mandatory driveby missions which I find a chore in themselves. In a mission like roadrage you have to shoot these bastards whilst driving at insane speeds, so there's no room for changing input. Even more so, since the lags most likely throw you into a wall anyway. And as much as I love the game, I don't want to repeat the parts I outright hate over and over again to get to the point where enjoyment can start again.

What lag?
For driving and shooting, i recommend using K&M. It's entirely possible to drive with a keyboard. I also use them when doing heli assault missions, although that makes them extremely easy.

The graphics lags when loading new textures into memory. Happens pretty frequently when driving at high speeds.

And I'm aware, it's possible to drive with keyboard and mouse. But my fingers aren't really up to it, I get massive cramps when doing it for an extended period, which doesn't exactly help the experience.

Uhm i'm using a generic gamepad and it works perfectly :) just new here and i just wanna say this game is so fun!
My SR3 Banner.jpg

Given your screenshot, you're obviously playing the third instalment and not the second.

And yes, I guess noone argues that it's fun. My question is about people using the 360 controller and maybe having some hints as to how to use it efficiently.

What i'm trying to say is buy a generic gamepade and give it a try * not to mention it's very affordable so no reason not to try ? * if your 360 controller doesn't works?

Back