Constant freezing/crashing on new computer

TL;DR: New computer, new and better GPU and CPUs and game will crash (sound still playing, screen frozen, task manager says not responding) either on singleplayer and more frequently on co-op, no mods installed, since the first mission; no particular trigger - shooting, running, jumping... also doesn't have to be in/out missions for this to happen. Trying the pre-workshop beta-test but saves not compatible. Will be happy if either the games stop crashing or migration of save files is successful.

I'm having problems with the game. I have a ~100% save from 2/3 years ago, on Steam, and I want to play the game again with a friend. His game almost never crashes, but mine does ~5 minutes in. I tried everything*, and the pre-workshop seems much more stable. However, the save files seem incompatible and it would be painful to get through all the missions I already did with him to catch up in this more stable version. Is there any mod/patch to fix the workshop version or any way to get my workshop version save files to the non-workshop save files?

* everything = compatibility mode, removing Steam overlay, changing fullscreen/windowed/borderless, antialising, graphic presets, Radeon Chill, using My Steelport Emulator and changing nº of CPUs (affinity mode).

My specs are these: Windows 10, Ryzen 5 3500X, AMD RX 5700, 2x8GB DDR4 and 600W PSU.
I've posted about this on the Saints Row Reddit first; you may check here if there's some missing info on this post.

Thank you, any help is appreciated.

The workshop build is broken but I don't think it's fixable. I mean the people who worked on it doesn't work in Volition anymore (thanks to the layoffs) so... they'd prolly hire some guys to fix it but they're focused on their new game.

I'm afraid there's no way to convert new save file format to the old one (pre-workshop)

I've tried to reinstall and use the Windows 7 compatibility mode to keep the game more stable. I've been playing/trying to break the game on single player for 1 hour straight and it seems that it magically fixed. I'll try the co-op later to make sure it's not crashing, and I'll update this thread with the results.

Back