Clip Editor

Two things to note:
  1. I did not create the clip editor, it's something the Volition developers are working on, and it was left in a semi-working state in the release version of the game.
  2. The clip editor currently has several problems, which I'll explain below.
Download & extract one of the following archives:
The hidehud version changes the 'Hide HUD' button to disable the HUD. This means you will not be able to turn it back on without restarting SR3, so take care with that.

Usage:
  1. In-game there will be a new option in the pause menu for starting clip record, then while you are recording, it will change into an option to stop recording and go to edit the clip.
  2. On the main menu, there will be an option to edit saved clips.
Issues with the clip editor:
  1. Object indicators were causing the clip editor to crash when positioning the camera, so they have been disabled. This will affect gameplay in activities and such where you would see health bars. If you need those, remove the mod before playing them.
  2. Export video does not work. At all. Clicking the export button will break the game and you will have to restart the game.
  3. The main menu option to edit existing clips will not properly work if you try to use it without having any clips saved and you will have to restart the game.
  4. You will be prompted about all of your DLC every time you edit a clip.

Excellent job! Also, just a quick note to everyone using the mod: The hidehud version has an extra file (cinema_clip_editor.str2.pc) , so if for whatever reason you decide to go back to the original version, be sure to delete that file when replacing everything or the game will crash when you go to edit a clip. Took me way too long to realize that. :oops:

Thanks for making this :D would be cool if you can fix these issue(you should get paid by Volition for this -_-) I hope they'll enable this feature soon in next patch.

btw, the hidehud version you can turn on hud back by press tab(this will brought up your phone menu) and then your hud will be back but you must playing your clip, pause it will not work.

Too bad I can't seem to export any vid but this clip editor made a good screenshot :D I've took several nice screenshot while using clip editor
My SR3 ss gallery on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/C71/screenshots/?tab=all&showdate=1&filter=app_55230

Concidering all it really does is make a script of the events happening, it should work perfectly fine under DX9 (The restriction is likely set because the export process needed to be run under DX10 or DX11) so is there anyway in the scripts to enable this in DX9 ?
I think people with AMD videocard would be most happy with this (although volition did say they are working on fixes for AMD users.)

Ok i tried, and it does indeed work on DX9
in pause_menu_top.lua on line 166-173 just remove the check for game_record_mode_is_supported
Code:
  if game_record_mode_is_supported() then
  Data[#Data+1] = Casual_record_button
  if game_machinima_is_recording() == true then
    Data[#Data+1] = Playback_button;
  else
    Data[#Data+1] = Record_button;
  end
  end
becomes:
Code:
  Data[#Data+1] = Casual_record_button
if game_machinima_is_recording() == true then
Data[#Data+1] = Playback_button;
else
Data[#Data+1] = Record_button;
end
Now the Editor becomes available in main menu and fully working under DX9.
So im pretty sure only the export functions (or maybe nothing at all even) rely on DX10/11
Right im off looking for the ingame recording check.
[Edit#1] it breaks the ingame pause menu
[Edit#2]Updating the ASM will fix the issue of the 1st Edit :)

Back