Climate and Graphics Tweaks SR4

I Absolutely hated the look of the virtual world in Saints Row IV. Bleak and glitchy, a real eyesore compared to what i could get in the Saints Row 3. I wanted back my beautiful pinks, purples and oranges in the sky with the tweaks i had made to Shitfaces weather and TOD mod for that game. So i have tried to recreate that a bit here. This is only possible in this game if you use parts of the two mods listed below. Then I tweaked the weather sheet to get my colors back.

This is a combination of the mod from IdolNinja - Ship TOD controls unlock early.
found here http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/ship-tod-controls-unlock-early.3206/
and the weather mod components located within ShitFace's NPC Behaviour and Spawn Mod.
found here http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/npc-behaviour-and-spawn-mod.5234/
For the purpose of making this easy for everyone the components of the two mods that are needed are included within this tweak mod already.

UPDATE RELEASED 1/22/2014

Changes-

>>The warmth of the sky color and resulting ambient is greatly improved- generally it is less hard on the eyes and textures look better.
>>The fog adjustments are way better now as well- a softness in the air and texture shading is improved. The glow/ bloom is better. This makes it look less sterile and more atmospheric.
>>The wave patterns have been tinkered with for a nicer look
* If you have my previous version installed the only thing you will need to swap out is the weather.xtbl file to get the new look. I will leave both versions up for you to choose from.

It is important to note that you must install this before the mission " The Escape". IdolNinja's mod part will install early activation of a component found on the computer terminal on the spaceship in the lounge room with the billard table and the egg shaped chairs downstairs. In order for you to get the look i was adjusting towards you will need to select either - Reunited for a dusty dusk lighting, or Empowered for an early dawn lighting, or Free for a daytime midday look. All three of these look great in my opinion and i used them while setting weather colors for the sky and clouds.

IN ADDITION to this weather tweak i have also enclosed a newer version of my Nvidia profile with some good changes and a little info on display settings and general appearance improvements.

99.9 percent of this is IdolNinja's work and Shitface's work and they are the ones who should get all the credit- i just wanted to share my little tweak for those wanting a nicer look to the Virtual Steelport.
A very big thank you to the both of them for their dedication to these games and us here.

TO INSTALL- just place these within the game folder where your Saints Row IV.exe is. to uninstall just remove same files.

Thanks for trying this out!
Kaptain Kanoodles -
Sam

This is with Reunited activated (Version 1 of my mod)

Version 2 of my mod

This is with Empowered activated ( Version 1 of my mod)

Version 2 of my mod

This is with Free activated

Version 2 of my mod

Attachments

• Climate and Graphics SR4 v1.zip
    26 KB · Views: 3,228
  • Climate and Graphics SR4 v2.zip
    26.6 KB · Views: 13,180
Last edited:
In the future, you need approval first before releasing other modders' work. I have no problem approving this since you did credit it, but you should contact shitface and confirm this is okay with him too.

In the future, you need approval first before releasing other modders' work. I have no problem approving this since you did credit it, but you should contact shitface and confirm this is okay with him too.
Thank you for the warning i will contact him now- sorry
UPDATE- I got permission from Shitface- Thanks again for the heads up

Last edited:
Very nicely done, your artistic vision is excellent.
I totally agree with your observational point you stated in your first post here,
"I Absolutely hated the look of the virtual world in Saints Row IV.
Bleak and glitchy, a real eyesore compared to what i could get in the Saints Row 3
."

Is it possible to modify the skybox in Saints Row IV to get the same appearance as in Saints Row 3 ?
Just the early day and late afternoon lighting from SRTT with clear skies. ( I always set it to clear sky mode )

Also is ther way to completly disable "regular" skybox, leaving simulation and that endless grid that showed before game brings skybox in? So having game world looking like this all time:
59FB7DE546279CF13E5B5E9246FF9774FB45F028

I totally agree with your observational point you stated in your first post here,
Bleak and glitchy, a real eyesore compared to what i could get in the Saints Row 3
."

Is it possible to modify the skybox in Saints Row IV to get the same appearance as in Saints Row 3 ?
Just the early day and late afternoon lighting from SRTT with clear skies. ( I always set it to clear sky mode )

Thanks! I will look into this regarding skybox look.

Also is ther way to completly disable "regular" skybox, leaving simulation and that endless grid that showed before game brings skybox in? So having game world looking like this all time:
59FB7DE546279CF13E5B5E9246FF9774FB45F028
I hear what your saying - it would be an interesting look. I expect there is some way but I am not sure how to make that a permanent effect. I will keep that in mind while looking around in the various files.

."

It's possible to reproduce the same sky colours, yeah. But the amount of cloud layer textures has been seriously cut back in SR4.

thanks for this mod.
talkin about graphics mod, look what i've done using SweetFX :)

1973921_870735452944017_6772660730248062015_o.jpg

my SweetFX
1956686_870735649610664_8114334567779738270_o.jpg

just wondering if there's a mod that removes the colour filter inside the game files (looks totally weird to me)

Attachments

• upload_2014-4-13_2-49-18.png
    upload_2014-4-13_2-49-18.png
    492 bytes · Views: 1,404
Color filter, meaning the sort of blue-ish color in the daytime lighting? You can modify the time of day files to produce different results, although I don't know of any published mods that do so. I have a customized "Classic" TOD with more neutral lighting that you can try, if you want. Screenshots of the TODs shipped with the game are in this thread, and not all of them are accessible by default. The customized one I'm attaching here is "day_tod_override, tweaked", renamed to take the place of "Classic" in the game menu. Actually, I may have turned the fog back on, just a little bit.

Even if you're already using "Classic", after putting the file in, you have to go back to the ship and choose the classic TOD again (maybe switch off of it and then back to it), because if you don't, the game will have a mixture of the new and old versions. It's weird. Some aspect of the TOD seems to be saved in your save file.

Attachments

• classic_tod_override.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 652
Last edited:
Back