Chosen Time of Day continuously resets to the default

For some reason whenever I load my save, the time of day loaded is always the default sunrise variant you get once you clear the story, no matter which of the ToD styles I have selected in the spaceship. Using the clearskies cheat from Idol's additional cheats mod allows me to quickly reset the skybox back to the one I have selected (and reloading the simulation by going back to the spaceship first also works), but anything I do within the simulation that involves the dynamic changing of the skybox seems to result it going back to the default. This includes triggering a Warden, moving from one part of the map to the other (pre story completion, the sky will change from red to blue if you go from an alien controlled part of the map to a Saints controlled one, which is why I think this happens), and going inside a building (as seen below).

2013-08-31_00011.jpg

2013-08-31_00012.jpg

2013-08-31_00013.jpg

Has anybody else encountered something like this? I don't think it's an issue with mods, since I temporarily removed all of my mods and still encountered this problem. It's not a huge issue, but it bugs the hell out of me!

EDIT: I went back and took some more recent pictures. The default ToD seems to have changed for some reason, but it's still acting up all the same. I'm using either the Classic, Vintage, or Modern override (can't remember which, since they seem fairly similar)

2013-09-02_00005.jpg
2013-09-02_00006.jpg
2013-09-02_00007.jpg
2013-09-02_00008.jpg

Last edited:
I've noticed this too. Going in a building seems to take away any kind of color grading/color correction that's part of a weather/TOD setting, for example if you set the override to "Noir" and go in and out of a few shops, which seem to have have their own little color correction settings, it reverts the outside to default. It also reverts the time of day to the default when you reload a save or first enter the game, but I can understand why they did it like that, it's probably easier for the game to not have to remember your time setting in the save file

the problem with that theory, however, is that the game does seem to remember it. Like I said before, while the time of day starts out reverted to the default, all I have to do is use the clearskies cheat and it restores the time of day I had selected. In addition, any time I go into a building, the ToD I had selected is clearly visible outside, but once I walk outside myself, it mysteriously reverts back to the default for no reason. It's clearly remembering what I chose, otherwise it would remain the same default ToD no matter what (until I manually picked a new one at the spaceship, of course).

Back