Character Height Help

Im having some problems with making a mod. I have extracted the Character definitions and character height.xtbl files using the tools on this site. I then edited the StyleTest_PC lines in the character definitons.xtbl to make the player character smaller. I then place the character definition and character height xtbl files into my saints row directory. But when I load up the game, the player character is still at the default height. I have been trying all day to get this mod to work but it won't. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get it working?

Im having some problems with making a mod. I have extracted the Character definitions and character height.xtbl files using the tools on this site. I then edited the StyleTest_PC lines in the character definitons.xtbl to make the player character smaller. I then place the character definition and character height xtbl files into my saints row directory. But when I load up the game, the player character is still at the default height. I have been trying all day to get this mod to work but it won't. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get it working?
I don't think that -> StyleTest_PC is the player model.

I didn't think that StyleTest_PC was the player model either but after studying various other height change mods for Saints Row 3, The StyleTest_PC line in the character defintions.xtbl is always the one line changed to a different value. And since SRTT and SRIV are practiclly the same game, it would make sense that this would be the line that would have to be changed in order to change the height of the player character.

indeed in other files point as styletest_pc as the player model just like in srtt but changing the height value does nothing.
For other npcs changing height value works as charm so i guess there is other file wich determines player height but no clue on what.

Have you tried to to put a larger value on the height value of the styletest_pc of the Character definitions xbtl. When I do it, my character height is augmented but it shrinks back to the default value after a short time. The shrinking time is shorter if the height value is slightly above 1.0 and becomes slower as I use larger values. I hae no clue why for now.

yep i just tried and is true i guess that there is other file messing with that value that tells to go back to original height,maybe idolnija or other can tell whats happening

I asked Violition to see if they knew what was going on, but they said we should be able to mod the height through the character definition.xtbl.

Shouldn't be though, because there is a size change mod that can make the player big or tiny.
It's cheat, not mod. It's not the same - cheat use some scripts for change player height.
But it's only my guess.
I asked Violition to see if they knew what was going on, but they said we should be able to mod the height through the character definition.xtbl.
Yep. I seen this. But height-change work only for NPC, not for player.

P.s. sorry for my english. I'm russian, actually =)

Back