Changing the Shoes (female) to include stockings?

After looking at the sexy lingerie thread a thought came to mind.

Could some of those stockings be added to the female shoes in SRTT?

I noticed that one or two of the sneakers have socks in the mesh (I guess thats where it is).

So I was wondering if a new version of an existing shoe could be made with say different versions of the stockings?

Lingerie thread: http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/sexy-lingerie-and-stocking-skin-mods.1006/

The one that is the base for 60 through 62 (white, red, and black) would make a good base or maybe 87 through 92.

Also (Using Scanti's texture unpack tool) I've looked at a couple of the female shoes and the only one that comes to mind would be the "Hot boots" from leather and lace. As it is the only one that goes high enough.
I got the custmesh's from Superdemus's shiny closes mod (it was easier then unpacking the larger vpp files).
But looking at the texture in paint.net I can't figure out what part of the boot is where???

So I'm putting this one in the request section. Heck is someone can help break down the dds file to what is where then I might give it a try.

Thanks in advance.

DDS not mesh (brain fart).

And looking at the DDS files from the the cm_llk_foot_f_latexboots.gpeg_pc. The part that would need to be changed is the long section on the left (when looking at the dds file).
I've tried to modify that side of the DDS file, then replace the custmesh_-105344825.str2_pc and custmesh_-105344825f.str2_pc in the main folder of SR3.

But it just skips that boot when I try to view it in game.

If I could get it to work then It would be like the shoes (IE if you were to just wear the boots without a nude mod installed you WOULD have censoring over the player).

Anyone know if I would have to modify the second DDS file as well? Right now I'm just trying to remove the upper section of the boot and see if it will load in game.

Man I would love to have the dds files from SR2's stocking's and see if that could be put onto the dds file for the hot boots in SR3.

Oh and kids, don't crash out at 6pm because you'll end up like me, IE waking up at 12:30 with nothing to F'n do!

My guess on how the cf_llk_foot_f_latexboots_n.tga.DDS breaks down.
9197001063_00bbdc287e_o.png

Tried removing the left section (what I have listed in the photo as ankle bend up to upper section) and then saved the dds files and repacked the .gpeg then repacked the .str2_pc

hmmm what format should the dds files DXT setting be on (default for paint.net is dxt1, but there is also dxt3 and dxt5)?

EDIT: after reading one of IdolNinja's post and pulling the Nvidia Windows Texture Viewer I now see in the bottom left corner the damn thing should be on DXT5 (was leaving it on 1).

I'll be mucking with this for the next couple of hours.... time for another soda :(

Edit #2: even after saving the cf_llk_foot_f_latexboots_d.tga.DDS with a DXT5 setting and saving cf_llk_foot_f_latexboots_n.tga.DDS with a DXT1 setting, the boot still does NOT show up in game.

Making progress (kinda).

After using gamecube's asm cleanup tool I was finally able to see the damn shoe ingame.

9197507961_0d170619e1_o.png

It seems that part of the piece I removed was also the back of the lower (go figure).

And for some damn reason her Ankles are missing!!!

I'm guessing the ankle part is on the dxt1 file. I'll try to do a simple mesh style on the left side of the dxt5 DDS file and remove more of the dxt1's left side.

If I get this working I'm going to be a happy F'n camper!!!

Progress!!!

9197663869_332e993538_o.png

9200442638_93dd57246c_o.png

9200440908_693e388f90_o.png

So far so good.

It does what I want it to do, IE no nude mod and no skivies and you get mozaic.

I tried 2 different types for the stocking material (one was to use the pencil option in paint.net then make a whole bunch of U shapes connected together (top part of stocking). The other was to just use the line generator tool to make multiple diagonal line (bottom part of stocking).

Ironically though she's still missing her ankles???
I could use some help on the ankle part.

After I get this completed I'ld like to know is there a way to add it a different shoe (IE not replace the original).

Attachments

• Test 2.rar
    280.6 KB · Views: 865
Test 3

9197813395_581681de91_o.png

9200596046_12aec2142d_o.png

9200597430_0630893260_o.png

A little touch up is need to the back side of the stocking, and the damn ankle is still missing.

I'm calling it a morning on this I'm putting my mods back in and going to go on a MOAB bender!!!

Note: Test 3 went back to the original "cf_llk_foot_f_latexboots_n.tga.DDS" file and only uses a modified "cf_llk_foot_f_latexboots_d.tga.DDS" image.

I made the stocking part by taking the bottom part from test 2's d.tga.DDS and overlaying it just off center of itself (this doubled the horizontal lines).

Oh did I mention She's Got no ANKLES!!!!

Attachments

• Test 3.rar
    337.9 KB · Views: 956
Test 4

9201422042_c2b195dcef_o.png

9201419520_e17976f47f_o.png

9198638331_a40cf8de6c_o.png

Its looking better on the stocking side (still can't figure out why the ankles are not rendering???).
This time instead of trying to copy and paste chunks (which ended up with the bad set on the back of test 3).
I went with Line/Curve tool in paint.net and set it to Shingle for the fill type.
It's not bad but I'm going to work on a smaller spacing between the lines on the next one.

Anyhow the attached (Test 4.rar) contains the 2 dds files, as well as the 3 base files that would go into your SRTT main folder.
Note: I'm having to zoom 1200% to make the stockings mesh in paint.net :)

Since this doesn't really need to be in the Adult section (I'm going to start up a Mod in progress thread).

Attachments

• Test 4.rar
    311 KB · Views: 903
Test 5 crashed my box. I tried to replace the top part of the lower shoe (what goes over the foot) and it did the mesh design Weave in paint.net. It looked good, it rendered the bottom and heal as solid, the area down the length of the leg as a Weave pattern (kinda screwed up the top section, went out of bounds), and it had the weave pattern above the foot.

It just didn't render the ankle or foot and then it hard locked my system before I could print screen the damn thing!!!!

If I can get it to print screen before it dies then I'll post up a shot :)

Ejit (I meant to do that)

9201863308_e484aaf703_o.png

9199082395_19961e7f98_o.png

I even threw GOTR back in so I could get them bright white so you can see the feet and ankles are not there.

The design is working out well, but I don't know why its not rendering the ankle or feet. The top part is easy to clean up though.

This is getting really really close to what I want the final option to look like.

I essentially want to make a version that would look similar to SR2's High Class heal with stockings (2 separate items in SR2, but since SR3 and SR4 don't have socks then its easiest to just make one that replaces both).

Things I need help on....
1. Getting the ankle and foot to render.
2. Having is so the mesh part has a different color then the shoe.

I would post a shot of the SR2 set, but I only have it on my 360 and I have no idea if you can do a print screen on that shit. Hell I just recently figured out I needed to enable steam's print screen in the options settings.... Doh.

Attachments

• Test 5.rar
    307.6 KB · Views: 877
Test 5b.

9202229740_cfa7755231_o.png

9202231578_13ecfa5897_o.png

I Can't go any further until I can figure out how to get the system to render the foot and ankle.

I did clean up the top of the stocking, but I ended up glitching a small part in the back of the stocking.... go figure.

5c fixes the back of the stocking and goes back to the original base for the top of the lower part and covers up the ankle (I went to high on one side so its got a unique look at the back of the boot).

Also noticed while walking around in game that part of the bottom of the boot is not rendering while walking (really weird).

I got bored with tinkering on this shoe/boot since I'll have to wait until someone helps me figure out the foot/ankle rendering issue. So I tried to remove the head phones from the Music Junkie top (epic fail on that one, not even going to upload that).

Anyhow, Post comment or Help out.
Thanks in Advance
Mike

Attachments

• Test 5b.rar
    310.2 KB · Views: 963
  • Test 5c.rar
    316.6 KB · Views: 1,110
Back