Car Handling mod

I decided to start a thread on car handling mods. I dont plan on tweaking them all like I did for the motorbikes, there are just too many...

Still, I saw a recent post about the poor handling of the Wraith, and realized I dont use that car much and there must be a reason. I tried it and found the handling to be pretty bad.

So I tweaked the steering responsiveness down quite a bit. I also actually added a slight speed boost when the nitro is used, as there was no boost at all.

Other people can throw in here other car handling mods, to help keep them collected in the same place.

Update: tweaks to Attrazione added

Attachments

• SR3_CarHandlingMod_WraithV1.7z
    2.6 KB · Views: 3,844
  • SR3_CarHandlingMod_AttrazioneV1.7z
    2.6 KB · Views: 3,021
The vanilla wraith is really squirrely, even with a controller. Looking forward to checking this out later. :)

Very much looking forward to your work on this project. I think ALL of the cars go way to fast in saints row and wouldnt upgrade the performance on any of them. The wraith is so fast I think it breaks the game engines ability to store cache and load information, haha.

Good work there bro !
I took the Wraith for a test drive and now it handles much better thanks to you.
I always liked the shape of the Wraith, but not the steering, colors or engine sound.
Now it steers good and will be driven more often.

Thank you gameqube for this mod.

Is it possible to change the trim colors on the Wraith such as the yellow and red lines to cyan and purple along with the underbody lighting ?

Here is an example below ;
wraithtexdiagrm1.jpg

Might be hard, but if you can get those lines go together with the underglow it should be possible... :rolleyes:
But nothing for me.:oops:

Good work there bro !
I took the Wraith for a test drive and now it handles much better thanks to you.
I always liked the shape of the Wraith, but not the steering, colors or engine sound.
Now it steers good and will be driven more often.

Thank you gameqube for this mod.

Is it possible to change the trim colors on the Wraith such as the yellow and red lines to cyan and purple along with the underbody lighting ?

I realize I never answered that question. I have no idea how/where the cars texture data is stored. The stuff I have found seems to refer to decals. But regarding the general look of the vehicles, this is a mystery to me.

In SR2, stuff like that were lighting fx rather than textures and I could not figure out how to edit them.

Could you also do the attrazione too(can't remember how it's spelt)? I think they are the same car.

Car handling in SR seems a bit naff in general, I just recently got an xbox controller for the PC specifically for SR and it is sooooo much better but even then some of the really twitchy vehicles can still be a handful.

out of all the sand box games i seen Mafia 2 has the best handling of cars GTA 4 is ok as i mod it but mafia 2 cars is the best so fare

Could you also do the attrazione too(can't remember how it's spelt)? I think they are the same car.

Car handling in SR seems a bit naff in general, I just recently got an xbox controller for the PC specifically for SR and it is sooooo much better but even then some of the really twitchy vehicles can still be a handful.

Did some adjustments to the Attrazione. Almost same changes as the Wraith, in retrospect. Maybe I should have put the same numbers.

I must admit I am not a car nut and do these changes purely by changing a few values and taking the car on a test drive in various conditions (highway, small streets, etc).

See the OP for the new download.

Back