Bug: Preloading items results in crash

Hello again,
I'm trying to get a new SMG costume to work, but I'm facing a bug here. The mod I attached below will keep crashing my game on startup whenever I try to include an "items_preload_containers.asm_pc" file. This is necessary though, since I want to add a magazine to my gun and apparently those need to be loaded permanently. I guess the modding code either simply doesn't recognize the *.asm_pc or struggles at adding assets to the preload memory pool. Hope this is enough information for you. Please ask questions if not.

Attachments

• items_preload_containers.xml
    699 bytes · Views: 382
  • t3k_urban_FJ.vpp_pc
    3 MB · Views: 385
You have a - and _ problem here. Your preload container is SMG_t3kUrban_Clip and you are looking for SMG-T3kUrban_Clip. The case doesn't matter, but the underscore does.

Ok, a bug with preload items not loading that I have fixed, will be out in the next build. I'll start building that tonight and hopefully get it out tomorrow.

Next up for you is a complaint that we can't find a t3k_urban_a_high container. We're looking since you specified in the items3d.xtbl that their was a high res version of this item. If the "low res" version is really a high res version, you should drop that flag. If it isn't, you should make one and add it to the packfile. Then we hit an error with the costume. The costume defines the item name as SMG_t3kUrban, but we can't find an item by that name.

Build 603789 should address this preload item issue. It is out now.

Back