Bright Lights, Purple City

I never really liked the blue tint it got after you took something over. The red gives it idk... a warmer feeling. Blue feels so cold.
Though I'm glad to see purple finally. :D

I'm attempting to make my own mod which restores the normal color to the street lights, and you talked about not being able to change the color of flashpoints and hotspots,

I can definitely tell you that you can restore those somewhere in the external_cto_light_override.xtbl, I don't know which thing specifically you're supposed to edit, but I copied-and-pasted the values from external_light_override to external_cto_light_override, and going in-game I found that those events were changed back to red, despite having completed them.

I'd say you can definitely try changing up some values in external_cto_light_override and see what happens.

Just a quick and dirty mod I'm tinkering with to change the prevalent light color for city takeovers from Blue to Purple. The areas of the city you control will have a Purple tint now, rather than Blue.

I do see why Volition made the color Blue: it's not as easy to tell the difference between Zin areas and Saints areas with Red and Purple. Still, thematically Purple fits better.

View attachment 7389 View attachment 7390 View attachment 7391 View attachment 7392 View attachment 7393 View attachment 7394 View attachment 7395

One other note: right now this only affects light sources. I have not been able to adjust the inherent color of textured things like the towers as well as Hotspot installations. Hence why this mod is in the "Mods in Progress" section.

View attachment 7396 View attachment 7397 View attachment 7398
Can I ask how does one install this, and if you ever figured out how to change the tower colors? I find it weird they weren't purple to begin with anyway lol

Back