Bright Lights, Purple City

Just a quick and dirty mod I'm tinkering with to change the prevalent light color for city takeovers from Blue to Purple. The areas of the city you control will have a Purple tint now, rather than Blue.

I do see why Volition made the color Blue: it's not as easy to tell the difference between Zin areas and Saints areas with Red and Purple. Still, thematically Purple fits better.

2014-06-21_00019.jpg 2014-06-21_00017.jpg 2014-06-21_00013.jpg 2014-06-21_00006.jpg 2014-06-21_00007.jpg 2014-06-21_00027.jpg 2014-06-21_00020.jpg

One other note: right now this only affects light sources. I have not been able to adjust the inherent color of textured things like the towers as well as Hotspot installations. Hence why this mod is in the "Mods in Progress" section.

2014-06-21_00023.jpg 2014-06-21_00025.jpg 2014-06-21_00008.jpg

Attachments

• Bright Lights Purple City.7z
    38.8 KB · Views: 2,097
Nice work, you've been putting out lots of good stuff lately.
Thanks. I've finally figured out how most of this stuff works. :p

EDIT: Though I haven't figured out where the actual color of towers and whatnot is stored. I'm somewhat worried it might be buried in one of those numbered str2_pc files buried in the two sr3_city vpp files. Needle in a haystack much?

Last edited:
what does the new tweak table do?
Ah right, I forgot to leave my usual technical explanation.

Short version, it changes three entries that control the color of building windows after the area has been taken over. The entries are "Window-CTO" or something like that. Just search for CTO in all caps.

Mine Is too bright is there a way to lower the brightness of the lightsources?
You'd have to modify all the entries in external_cto_light_override.xtbl, or at least the entries starting with "front color" and "back color". It's a lot of entries.

Mind you, I don't know why it should be any brighter. I literally just swapped the red and green values on everything, so the effective brightness should be identical.

You'd have to modify all the entries in external_cto_light_override.xtbl, or at least the entries starting with "front color" and "back color". It's a lot of entries.

Mind you, I don't know why it should be any brighter. I literally just swapped the red and green values on everything, so the effective brightness should be identical.

I dont know why but after installing the mod, under a lightsource my character glows like a lamp :)

Back