"Bouncin' with an Old Friend", "Full Kinzie" Homie Achievements don't unlock

(Potential Spoilers ahead)

Version: PC, Steam
Occurance: Coop, Client only
Reproduce: Can't :(
Affected Achievements: Bouncin' with an Old Friend, The Full Kinzie
Completion: All Side-Missions, All Loyalty Missions, Romanced and talked to

EDIT: It now also happened with Kinzie Achievement. Same as Gat.

Original Description:
Me and my friend have been playing co-op exclusively with me as the client. After we freed Gat and did all his missions my friend (the host) unlocked the achievement Bouncin' with an Old Friend and I noticed I did not get that achievement myself, even though I completed the same missions together with my friend and there is nothing left in the Quest Log except main story (only Grand Finale left)

We thought maybe it's Steam being slow or unlocking it next time I unlock a different achievement, so I waited a day and in that time I unlocked several other achievements, but Gat's Achievement still did not unlock.

At this point I think something went wrong. We did experience a few crashes throughout our plays and I cannot say for certain if one of those crashes happened during a Gat mission, but whenever there was a crash we continued where we left off and the host never completed tasks or finished a mission without me. This also does not seem to have affected other achievements except Gat's and Kinzie.

EDIT: While I can't be sure about crashes during Gat Missions I can definitely confirm that we had no crash during Kinzies last missions, and I did not get the achievement.

A question:
Is there a way to unlock this achievement without actually replaying the entire game for it?

-----------------------

EDIT: We now have had the same with the Full Kinzie achievement. We freed her and did her Loyalty Mission, he (Host) got the achievement while me (Client) did not :(

Attachments

• msinfo32.txt
    754.9 KB · Views: 597
Last edited:
Did you try romancing him? As funny as it sounds it's a requirement for the achievement.

Thanks, that's a good point and I forgot to mention that. Yes, I did romance him. I romanced him a few more times too in case it did not register before. It didn't make a difference, unfortunately. I also tried just talking to him a few more times, again without making a difference.

I edited my post a little, because we continued playing and the same thing now happened with Kinzie. No missions left, romanced her as well, talked to her too, but no achievement for me while it did unlock for the Host. Pity, as I was looking forward to making it my first perfect completion game on Steam.

Another possible bugged achievement: Switch Hitter. I've played well over two hours with both genders and it hasn't unlocked.

Switch hitter needs you to change sex on the SAME character.

I have some additional info, because I no longer suffer from this.

As I said I played only co-op, but at one point (I don't know when that was) I went to SP and noticed the Quest is the "Emergency Situation" even though I had already beat that in Co-op some time before. In coop we were already at Gats rescue mission, or even past that.

Yesterday we finished our co-op play and I went back to SP play and noticed the emergency situation was still active. So I play that to the end and afterwards skip all other missions that were left (if you already beat it in co-op you can do that, the game asks you if you want to replay the mission or skip it). By skipping the quests the game finally registered that I completed them and gave me the achievements I was missing.

Of course this leaves a few questions open like how that all happened in the first place and I can't answer that with certainty. I also don't know why it could register other achievements in co-op (such as completing the game) when it was stuck like this. I'm just happy it worked all out in the end!

I had the progress message come up (Switch hitter 60/240) on a character that never changed genders. It just never goes past that point.

Back