Beach Pack! Fixed Tanline positions and board shorts from SR4

Two simple mods for all of your beachgoing Bosses!
(WARNING LARGE IMAGES, CLICK THUMBNAILS AT OWN RISK)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1: Fixed Tanlines!
Did you ever equip the tanlines body mask option in Image as Designed and wonder what piece of nonexistent clothing caused them? Now you don't have to! Re-done tanline textures match the in-game string bikini pieces.

modsvsvanilla.jpg
FILES: bikini.str2_pc, bikiniB.str2_pc, customize_player.asm_pc
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2: Board Shorts!
Solve the distinct lack of generic male swimwear with these trunks, pulled from SRIV. Available in men's & women's sizes. Replaces Broseph Shorts.

modvsvanilla.jpg
FILES: custmesh_6452312.str2_pc, custmesh_6452312f.str2_pc, customize_item.asm_pc
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
UPDATE! v.2 RELEASED!
Includes an optional fix for the shorts on male bosses.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
UPDATE! v.3 RELEASED!
Includes updated tanline texture that is smoother overall. Replaced knot patterns with vague areas as the knots would not be still long enough to produce tanlines that precise.

Download below. Install instructions in README file.
The mods are fully independent of each other, but being so similar in theme I decided to release them as a pack.

̶A̶D̶D̶E̶N̶D̶U̶M̶:̶ ̶Y̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶.̶ ̶A̶n̶g̶l̶e̶ ̶s̶n̶a̶p̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶F̶T̶W̶.̶ ̶:̶|̶ ̶I̶f̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶l̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶u̶r̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶e̶,̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶a̶h̶e̶a̶d̶.
I discovered the spline tool! The texture is very much improved as of v3.​

Attachments

• Beach_Pack_v1.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 939
  • Beach_Pack_v2.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,030
  • Beach_Pack_v3.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,665
Last edited:
so the SRIV shorts only for females?
The files should be there for female and male, but come to think of it I never tested the male version...

I'll get back to you on that in a minute!

EIDT1: Yes it's there, functional, and doesn't crash the game. Unfortunately the VIDs seem a bit off position wise from SRIV, you can see in between the shorts and waist in some animations. I'm going to see if I can enable the butt VID without any clipping, but I doubt it.

EDIT 2: Found the VID, it's 10. It works with the default (ideal) build, but any other starts to cause clipping. I might release a V2 with that VID enabled, I might not. It's the lesser of two evils, do you want your boss' skin to be sticking out of the waistband or do you want to occasionally see in between your boss' torso and the waistband?

For those of you with modding experience, the table entry in customization_items.xtbl is

Code:
cm_nlmb_lbdy_m_shorts

and you want to remove the flag
Code:
<Obscured_VID>
  <VID>10</VID>
</Obscured_VID>
from the item.

EDIT 3: Update inbound for male bosses, fix for obscured VIDs. Check back in a bit.

EDIT FIN: aaaand released.

Last edited:
Update!

Pulley learned SPLINE! It's super effective!

The texture has been revised with an attempt to remove aliasing, and make the strap lines more straight. The knot designs are gone, instead replaced with a general lighter area as they would move around too much to cause the sort of explicit pattern in the first release. The changes are minor enough to not warrant updating the comparison images, but I'll post some regular cropped screenshots of the updated texture if people want.

Back