baseball bat animation

would it be possible to do the melee animations of the mission where you fight paul on the giant with the baseball bat in sandbox+? i've seen the walking 1950's anymation and stuff, so i was wondering if its possible to do because it'd be epic to do those fight animations with melee.

oh man if he does that i'll be using your nocturnal sword with that animation ALL the time :') it'd be sweet, and alright im moving it there! and oh that'd be cool lol hope he have space for it xD it'd be very nice since the melee animations are horrible

oh man if he does that i'll be using your nocturnal sword with that animation ALL the time :') it'd be sweet, and alright im moving it there! and oh that'd be cool lol hope he have space for it xD it'd be very nice since the melee animations are horrible
Ye Melee animations are a funny thing, they dont work like normal animations for special case type weapons, as far as I can see they are made up by the game using like angle info and what limbs are used, I can see a table for Joe's animation set I think his weapons would be part of that you could try pre loading the animations then using my weapons mod to call in the ladle see if the weapon calls on the animations, might be worth try dont know if it work tho. I need to work out way of changing the animations a weapon calls upon as I want to make stun gun use the Decker hammer xtbl if I can do that im pretty sure I can get that in game aswell :D

they are indeed! and oh goody,but i dont know that much of modding and dont know anything about pr loading animations :( but i hope its possible and that idolninja have space for it becuase it'd me fun to have a good swing animation for melee. And hmm, you wanna use deckers hammer as a gun or use the stun gun slot for the deckers hammer?

they are indeed! and oh goody,but i dont know that much of modding and dont know anything about pr loading animations :( but i hope its possible and that idolninja have space for it becuase it'd me fun to have a good swing animation for melee. And hmm, you wanna use deckers hammer as a gun or use the stun gun slot for the deckers hammer?
I want to use it as a melee weapon but replace the stun gun as its useless, but the stun gun is a smesh and the stun gun is a cmesh so if I do a model swap the asm wont compile as its set to look for he smesh extention, thats why I need to 'hack' the asm then I should be able to do it, thers a table for the deckers hammer so if i preloaded its animations and it was using the name decker hammer it would work, but as im going to be using stun gun slot its not going to work ll work somthing out tho try to add it as new but stil replace stun gun.

and im not 100% on all of this but im prety sure this is how it works regarding preloaded animations

thers is preload_anim file thats contains all the animations that are used all the time like in open word by pre loading it means when you load the game them files are automaticly loaded as default into the game

to save on game memory any animations or items etc that are only used once say in a mission or event are packd inside theyr own mission file
and are only loaded with that mission

and to preload the animations you have to take the animation files you want to use then pack them into the preload_anim.vpp then the game will pre load them for use in game but to be able to use the animations they need a xtbl refrence somwhere to call upon the animations
this is an example of the Decker hammer table it gives a 'state' then each state is an animation file those would be the files that you port from say a mission or SRTT

Code:
<root><Table><Skeleton_Set>
<Name>Weap_RHammer</Name>
<Groups>
<Group><group>Default</group><States>
<State><ID>rhammer_closed</ID><Animation><Filename>rhammer_closed.animx</Filename></Animation></State>
<State><ID>rhammer_open</ID><Animation><Filename>rhammer_open.animx</Filename></Animation></State>
</States><Actions>
<Action><ID>Hammer Prep</ID><Animation><Filename>rhammer_prep.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
<Action><ID>Hammer Smash</ID><Animation><Filename>rhammer_smash.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
</Actions></Group>
</Groups></Skeleton_Set></Table></root>

I hope this helps iv tryed to explain it the best I could :D

hmm...what about replacing the dildo or tentacle? and lol alright its explained good but the only problem i have is that idk how to get IN the pre load anim ini

hmm...what about replacing the dildo or tentacle? and lol alright its explained good but the only problem i have is that idk how to get IN the pre load anim ini
They have files listed in asm that cant be removed for them that controls the way they move and glow etc like the dildo bat flops around and you woudlnt want that in a normal melee weapon :p, plus I only realy wana replace the crappy weapons

and you need Minimauls tools, use 'extract pack file GUI' it will unpack all files apart from peg files they need to be unpacked with the SRTT texture tools, vpp and str2 are both pack files, only diffrence I know of is that stream files have asm's and handle the more internal side of things such as calling on files and the vpp's are normaly tables to define and structure the things in game that use the files

ah so the physic oh the weapon stays ah what a crock xD...what about the energy sword? and ah so i need the SRTT texture tools, alright! ill see if i can make things work

ah so the physic oh the weapon stays ah what a crock xD...what about the energy sword? and ah so i need the SRTT texture tools, alright! ill see if i can make things work
You only need the texture tools if your working with textures such as cpeg/gpeg file extentions, for every thing elese use Minimauls tools if your unpacking SRIV files then Gibbed for SRTT, you need both the latter to be able to port weapons

and The enrgy sword is pretty good, it would be a million times beter if it looked like this tho ;)

H4_sword_trans.png

Back