anyone still playing this game?

i still am! i still think it's by far the best game in the series. SR3 felt kinda short in that aspect and 4 was better, but still not as good as 2. just wish Volition would port SR1 to the PC since i never really got the chance to play it (due to being a PC and PS3 gamer).

Currently playing it co-op with a friend.

The only minor annoyance is having to wait while a player is shopping or whatever. If it's a new thing we discovered and we both want to check it out.

Also having to pause to access the phone and such.

The small odd glitches. One time though was pretty hilarious. My friends game glitched and he used a blunt but it looked like spray paint. He was like: "Is my Character huffing paint? *starts to laugh* What kinda game is this?"

It was great LOL!

Also what's the deal with Ambulances? Sometimes they show up when someone is killed but they always then drive off? In GTA they'd get out & revive the dead pedestrian.

Otherwise it's been.....Maybe one of the best co-op games I have done with so much fun shit to do. It's pretty much what I wanted from RockStar or the modding community to deliver.... Co-op GTA style game....

I still love Saints Row 3. I just simply consider it a different game which is what it is. As for Saints Row 4....

I am waiting for the option to get super powers at the end of the game or something so it's not so cheap. Waiting to see what comes out with the mod community.

That was the problem with Saints Row 3. Stuff that made the game cheap. Luckily there is some nice mods to make stuff into unlockables and buyable upgrades.

I heard a lot of things could be fixed within the SR2_PC.EXE but it's DRM protected. :\ So if a GOG re-release is done. I'm sure IdolNinja and the modding community along with Volition would make one kick ass special edition of the game. Then again we don't even know what all the upcoming SR2 SDK will offer too. :D

However until then.... SR2 is still pretty fun once tweaked properly. ;)

Last edited:
I was playing SR2 for about a month up until a week before SR4 was released. Reason I stopped, I didn't want to ruin further my already downside
expectation of SR4 with a super fresh memory of SR2. Post SR4 release I can safely say my fears were justified, as there is MUCH I dislike about SR4.
That said, SR4 as with SR3 sure have PC game play polish SR2 does not, plus both do just have fun features.

I've yet to finish SR2 and I plan to return to having SR fun there.
I discovered SR2 after SR3. I think I can feel qualified to say after having that introduction to the series, that I can well see why people who
started with SR2 are not happy with the direction the series has taken. I must say though, I had a lot of fun with SR3 and still do at times.
I'm in the crowd that is less happier with SR4 than I was with SR3. Only reason I'm playing ANY SR4 now is due to mods out for it. I'm only
at best 1/4th of thw way thru the quest line there.... I go slow and wait for more mods for that one.

So yah, people still play SR2. I enjoy it great with select mods from IdolNinja's pack. Running it windowed on my PC aided greatly with stability.

On that note, I don't understand why IDolNinjas SR2 FAQ I found on STeam SR2 forum is not highlighted in bold letters on a sticky somewhere here on this
forum. If i had missed the tips in that post I probably would have shitcanned SR2 from my PC, such a Horrid port.

I'll return to SR2 to finish it soon enough. !!
Hard to stay focused as I get distracted by so much crap on Netflix and YouTube and polishing my guns, who has time to game?

I still play it occasionally. Half way through the Brotherhood storyline the last time I played

I've been playing it on and off for some time on the Xbox 360, and have recently bought it for the PC and I can say hopefully that it appears pretty stable on my PC (using Windows 7). Loaded GoTR and this has increased my enjoyment of the game. I have completed it twice on console and can see it being completed on PC as well. I would say though being a player of Skyrim (modded), that the ability to play it on PC really does make a difference over the console. But on either platform it is still a great game worth giving your time to.:)

Sometimes. At the moment I don't, but there are periods of time I like to go around Stilwater.

I still play it a lot, but only on my PS3. It's one of the only games I prefer playing on console rather than PC because of the terrible porting job they did.

I'd like to play it on console just for the DLCs

Back