Altering pedestrian density / spawning rate?

Just wondering if there are any mods or editable files that can decrease or increase the maximum density of pedestrians / npcs on screen at once, for as far as the draw distance allows anyway. I'm trying to simulate a riot / free for all between pedestrians and myself with the pedestrian war cheat but it's not exactly very lively. Don't know if it's just the case for me. Most of them appear to spawn in isolated groups around an area I'm in so I can only seem to get about four people attacking me or eachother at most before they die and another lot spawns somewhere else.

I'm looking for basically something similar to the dozens of zombies that spawn in the later waves of zombie uprising but with peds instead, but I'm not sure how well that would work in the main world since I assume zombies are programmed to behave / spawn independently from 'normal' npcs? I tried the change pedestrian density command in Sandbox ++ but that only seems to either disable them appearing completely or restores it the regular amount.

Back