Alan Walker - Fade Dubstep Gun

The song Fade by Alan Walker for Dubstep Gun.

Tools you need for the instalation:

Intall instrusctions:
  1. Go to "Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\packfiles\pc\cache" and make a copy of your "soundboot.vpp_pc" and "sounds_common.vpp_pc".
  2. Go to the folder containing Minimaul's tools, and run "ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractPackfileGUI.exe".
  3. Use this tool to extract both packfiles we have copied.
  4. Once you have done that, locate the "wep_dubstep_gun_media.bnk_pc" in your extracted "sounds_common.vpp_pc".
  5. Drag and drop the soundbank onto "extract-soundbank-sr4.bat" to extract it.
  6. Once it has extracted the soundbank, find the Dubstep Gun's BGM you would like to replace. (You can listen to the converted songs, and determine which goes where)
  7. Back these up.
  8. Unpack downloaded archive. You'll see four files: Fade Fire Loop.wem; Fade Inactive.wem; Fade Intro.wem; Fade Release.wem. You will need to rename them to corresponding files you are planing on replacing.
  9. Copy and paste these files to the extracted "wep_dubstep_gun_media.bnk_pc" folder.
  10. Open cmd in the folder containing Minimaul's tools.
  11. Rebuild the soundbank using this command:
    ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildStreamingSoundbank "path/to/extracted_wep_dubstep_gun_media.bnk_pc/wep_dubstep_gun_media.bnk_pc.xml"
    (You could also just drag the XML file onto the command prompt after typing the first part.)
  12. Once you have rebuilt the "wep_dubstep_gun_media.bnk_pc", you should see "wep_dubstep_gun_media.bnk_pc" and "wep_dubstep_gun_media.mbnk_pc" in the folder containing Minimaul's tools. Replace the "wep_dubstep_gun_media.bnk_pc" in the extracted "sounds_common.vpp_pc" and the "wep_dubstep_gun_media.mbnk_pc" in the extracted "soundboot.vpp_pc" folders.
  13. Rebuild the packfiles using "ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildPackfileGUI.exe".
  14. Replace the "soundboot.vpp_pc" in your Saints Row IV game directory, making a backup of the original.
  15. Replace the "sounds_common.vpp_pc" in your Saints Row IV game directory, making a backup of the original.
I would like for this to be a workshop mod but I don't think it's possible to make it that. But if somebody knows how to do it feel free to help me with that.

Video showcase:

Made thanks to this tutorial. And install instrusctions are mostly copied from there. Also "hydraulics" on cars don't work properly when the gun is fired and I have no idea why.

Attachments

• Fade Dubstep Gun v1.0.zip
    454.6 KB · Views: 664
Last edited:
Behold, the indian tech tutorial variant of the dubstep gun

Back