1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Agents Of Mayhem's Characters will be customizable?

Discussion in 'Agents of Mayhem' started by GTREDITION, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Like Saints Row? or Agents Of Mayhem don't have nudity ? :eek:

2. Superman

Superman Modding patch tester

Alternate costumes seem to be confirmed. But no customization on the level of the Saints Row games. But mods could change that to some extent.

3. Quantum

Quantum Modding patch tester

4. VSW

VSW

No character creation & a switch out party system, i'm not interested.
    Skip.

5. Corrodias

Corrodias Generally Awesome Staff Member

Do you *only* play games with character customization? That's a rather limiting standard.

6. VSW

VSW

So is only playing first person shooters or RPGs, or survival horror or realistic simulated driving games, or fighters or platform games, etc etc etc etc.

Everyone has a preference.
    I prefer to create my own ideal character as for me it increases sense of immersion in the game environment, my selection of character isn't limited by the choices the developer supplies me with but only by whatever i can think up in character creation.

I don't have to ask why the developer didn't make a game with a leading female protagonist when i can freely create one.
    I don't have to worry much about gender, race, natural skills, when i can freely choose from them.

I don't really feel all that limited with character creation. :)

Ryan_saint_2 likes this.
  7. NopeD

NopeD Modding patch tester

The thing is that FPSs, RPGs, driving sims, etc. are all video game genres and each are numerous in number.

Character customization on the other hand is just a feature at most and if we're talking about customization at least as deep as Saints Row has it, then you'd be hard pressed at finding many games like it.

8. Corrodias

Corrodias Generally Awesome Staff Member

Yes... there are a handful, mostly RPGs. One could stay occupied with them, but it's an awfully small pool to pick from, and it foregoes essentially all of the more interesting games, artistically.

You do you; play whatever you like, and I won't criticize. I'm glad you know what you like. Such a small set of games to pick from would be incredibly limiting for me.

9. Quantum

Quantum Modding patch tester

I find games that allow you to be creative the most interesting, but they seem to be fewer and fewer. That's one of the big reasons I liked Saints Row games, with their character and vehicle customizations. Besides Saints Row, some of my favorite games in the past (and still) are Halo Reach, Halo 4, Far Cry 2, Time Splitters 2, Time Splitters 3 because those games all have built-in map editors. And because they don't require a subscription to play and edit the maps. Sadly, newer games have really disappointed me. They are far less creative or force you to pay a subscription to use their map editors (I'm talking mainly consoles here).

I'm really disappointed in the direction console gaming has been going, which is why I don't have an XBox One or PS 4. PC gaming is a bit better, but still disappointing as far as games that let you be creative.

It seems that game makers seem to always copy each other, not necessarily in stories, but in the types of games they make available. For example, so many games no longer have split screen or LAN play, and those are huge selling features to me, but nobody's doing it now. And it seems like there are vast untapped opportunities for game designers to make games that allow people to be more creative, customize characters, build maps. I wish game makers would spend some more time looking at what they did right in the past, and building upon that rather than just trying to do what everyone else is doing.

Ryan_saint_2 and VSW like this.
  10. VSW

VSW

I'm not saying either of you or anyone else is wrong & completely agree.
    Looking for that particular feature in gaming really limits a person's selection, i know cause i always look for that particular feature, but @Quantum's reply says it almost perfectly.

The main reason so many PC gamers mod their games.
    The freedom to be as creative as possible.

Not being so restricted & limited to the same cookie cutter protagonist you may or may not like.

Yeah I know it limits my gaming selection however i'm also not the type of person to run out & buy every single game simply because it's new.
    And i never said i only buy games with character creation features, i do like other types as well.
    I'm actually wanting to get NieR: Automata because the protagonist seems appealing, has a beautiful gaming environment & i love it is an action role-playing game kinda like a japanese anime.

I just do prefer games with male or FEMALE character creation features, for the same reason most gamers mod their games & it is sad as said it's a game option that's rare & has something not added in title that's supposedly in the same universe as a game that allowed gamers the luxury of feeling more immersed.

Wouldn't you care more for the protagonist when you put alot of work in creating them.

Same reason why i was disappointed with the announcement of Saints Row: Gat out of Hell & not allowing gamers to create their own character.
    It would be like if somehow developers stopped PC gamers from modding games. How many PC gamers would be content buying & playing something they couldn't mod.

Agents looks like a great game it's just missing an option that gets my interests.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017 at 3:00 AM
    Ryan_saint_2 likes this.