SPOILERS About The Ending... (Please Finish game before Viewing)

The whole plot is stupid, not just the ending. Wouldn't it have made more sense if the aliens actually took over Earth and the Saints would fight to free it? In other words, wouldn't have made more sense if the story actually took place on Earth, in the real Steelport rather than some simulation?

Apart from how stupid it is to play a video game IN a video game (cause let's face it, that's what Simulated Steelport is), killing simulated people just feels demoralizing. What's satisfying about killing a man that doesn't even have a name, an identity or a family waiting for him to come home? Nothing! Gat would agree.

I also don't see why they had to bring back all these antagonists that we've already killed. Wouldn't it have made more sense if it brought back characters that are actually still alive instead of blowing up Earth as an excuse? Like Dex? Or Killbane? Or Troy?

The reason you're still fighting Zin in the simulation is unlike SR2 and SR3 you're returned to before the ending in the post game.
Notice how the crew still have the same lines about evading the Zin and all.

I don't mind the simulation thing, but I think they wasted it's potential since the simulation is more or less the same at the end as it is at the start.

Blowing up Earth feels.. cheap. I prefer to ignore the plot while playing, honestly.

The whole plot is stupid, not just the ending. Wouldn't it have made more sense if the aliens actually took over Earth and the Saints would fight to free it? In other words, wouldn't have made more sense if the story actually took place on Earth, in the real Steelport rather than some simulation?

Sure if the plot would have been different, the plot would've ended up different
But what would make more sense: fight a giant galactic army who just steamrolled Earth's defenses already, or hack your way through the Zins systems to locate Zinyal and rip off the head and the spine of the entire empire ?

No offense but your point makes as much sense as Shepard's "the Citadel ? the fight's here" in ME3

Apart from how stupid it is to play a video game IN a video game (cause let's face it, that's what Simulated Steelport is), killing simulated people just feels demoralizing. What's satisfying about killing a man that doesn't even have a name, an identity or a family waiting for him to come home? Nothing! Gat would agree.

Why do you play games then ?

I also don't see why they had to bring back all these antagonists that we've already killed. Wouldn't it have made more sense if it brought back characters that are actually still alive instead of blowing up Earth as an excuse? Like Dex? Or Killbane? Or Troy?

It's just a bonus, you're not forced to take them with you, they're just programs anyway

Sure if the plot would have been different, the plot would've ended up different
But what would make more sense: fight a giant galactic army who just steamrolled Earth's defenses already, or hack your way through the Zins systems to locate Zinyal and rip off the head and the spine of the entire empire ?

That one.

No offense but your point makes as much sense as Shepard's "the Citadel ? the fight's here" in ME3

You'll need to explain this one a bit more...

Why do you play games then ?

The correct question would have been "Why do you play a game in game?". Mist3475's last phrase answers that: "I prefer to ignore the plot while playing, honestly."

It's just a bonus, you're not forced to take them with you, they're just programs anyway

No, I meant why are they back at all, in other words, why do I have to kill them again? Some of them (Maero, Julius) twice even?! Come on.

Well what would make more sense? Working with Dane Vogel to become the biggest fish in the small pond of the gangs of Stilwater and live a comfortable life, or wiping out all of the gangs then taking over Ultor and throwing Vogel out of a window?
Since when has Saints Row been about taking the sensible route?

Back