A User-Friendly Template Maker, Override Hooker & Menu Chan

Template Maker
Basically giving Users a Mod Maker App that can Search, Extract, Convert for Editing & Repack Files for users.

1. Set Game Folder so App knows where Archives, Mesh & Texture are
  2. Have a Search Bar with a Render Button for allowing users to Preview Mesh/Texture/Effects
  3. Pick what type of mod they want to create (Do this before or after choosing a Item)
    • Replace existing Items, Add/Clone a similar Items, Swap items around (Like Taser as a Pistol)
    • Affects the Texture, Mesh/Model (If Model then don't Export the Bones, somehow place the Bones back in later), Animate(If Possible), Effects or Stats like Cost, Damage & etc
    • A New MainType, SubType, Item and/or SubItems
      • Range/Gun, Type, Gun Style/Costume and/or Color
        • Pistol*/SMGs/etc > Heavy*/Quick/etc > .45 Fletcher*/Railpistol/etc > Default*/Gold Plated*/etc
      • Clothing/BodyPart, Type, Clothing Item, Color
        • Upper Body*/Lower Body/etc > Upper Body*/Bra/Backpack > Apoc Shirt*/Pirate Shirt*/etc > Color Tier 1/2/3
      • Other MainTypes are Powers, Throw, Tattoos, Vehicle, etc
      • Some will have more or Less Parts like Vehicle Parts Torch's Wheels/Rim Style vs Kenshin No Wheels Option
      • Some parts aren't Items, but SubItems/Options like Wheels >Both/Front/Back Axles cause its 1 Tire being Duplicated in 1-4 places
  4. Pick a File (Specific Part of an Item) or Item (All Related Items, Types, Sub Item and/or Options) to Edit
  • Find all or Selected related (Texture/Mesh/Animation/Effects/Stats) files you will extract & use in your mod
  • If A Player chooses MainType = They are Adding/Replacing
    • Clothing like "Floating Ally" which would have SubTypes like Head, Body Weapon > Items like Pet Dragon, Oversized Bee or A Eyebot with each having their own Colors > Cost, Stats and Abilities, etc
    • Weapon like "Floating Ally Projectile" it needs to be Melee, Range, Throw or Power with Sub Types like Phazer (Laser beams), Gatling Gun (Rapid Bullets), Thrasher (Giant Hand), each with its own Styles like Phazer's Dash Size/Pattern then Options for different Color/Pattern > Cost, Respect and Stores, etc
  • If A Player chooses SubType = They are Adding/Replacing e.g.
    • Upper Body > UpperBody/Bra/Backpack/Cape* which has its own items like e.g. Cape, An Angel & Demon Bobbleheads on each Shoulder or a Fake Shoulder Weapon and each with its own Color > An Angel & Demon Color Tier 1 for Left & 2 for Right (If the Physics could be added then the Mouths and Arms would move while moving)
    • Pistol > Heavy/Quick/Alien/Wand* which has its own Styles & Options per Style like Greybeard Wand, Chopsticks, Bent Spoon > Greybeard also comes in White Oak, Red Cedar & Green Vine
  • If A Player chooses Item = They are Adding/Replacing e.g.
    • Upper Body > UpperBody/Bra/Backpack/Cape > e.g. Second Head* with its own ColorsTier
    • Pistol > Heavy/Quick/Alien/Wand > e.g. Bullet Finger* with its own Colors like Copper, Titanium & Nuclear Rod
  • If A Player chooses SubItems = They are Adding/Replacing e.g.
    • They simply want make skins/color for an Item e.g. if Possible Color Tier called Material for Leather/Denim/Sheer/Fishnet/Cotton Look or for Weapons with Chopstick Colors like Dragon, Wooden & Aluminum
5. Pick Files for Resources with a built-in SR4 Character Mesh Viewer by MissingLink for previewing any Mesh on demand or automatically via Window
  • Like a ChromeBaseball Bat = I get the Virus Lockdown's Chrome
  • Like adding GlowFX on other guns from Alien Handcannon
6. Files should be extracted from Archives in Folder Structure or a Edited Folder with a .INI or .XML File saying where the Files go and/or what they replace and if possible put something the meshes so when the File is replace or being added the converter knows where the Mesh is positioned like an Empty with a Specific Name

7. Once you've edited files, just drop them in the Edited Folder Structure so it knows which is the Mesh, Texture, etc and being replaced or added > Run the Program/.BAT > Out pops a Mod File to be injected or loaded in SR4

Override Hooker
  • If you've ever touched Fallout 4 or GTA 5's Modding, I have heard of 2 Systems that make installing Mods easy, safe and better on uninstalling
  • Tannin's Mod Organizer's Hook.dll which allows mods files used in Game without have to be in the Game Folder so no Files Touch your Game Folder
  • Bethseda's Data Folder System, Star Wars KotOR2's Override Folder or GTA Override by kurtis2222 which allows Users to edit another Archive or Drop Files into a Folder that are loaded into the Game and as they are loading if the File shares the Same Folder Structure & Name then it load first over the original items
Menu Changer

• I've seen mods that Allow People to Change the Clothing Color from Cribs/Gateway and I've seen Mods that allow people to Change Clothing from Cellphone/Device Menu (I would have done the Same thing in my own Game with a Bodysuit as Base...Futuristic Movies/Shows already show use Holographic Clothing or Asian Clothing...my Idea lean more to Bodysuits for the Customization Users can do in game)
    • But I was wondering if could add Controls from our Previously Config'd Actions like Jump, Action, Attack & Reload
    • Changing Weapon Style/Costume Color, Body Mod Options or Wearing an Item should be done via Keys like Left/Right Sliders for changing Style/Costume Color & Body Mods (As there are only 2-3+ Options) and Action to Wear, Reload to Confirm Discard or Jump to Change Color

Last edited:
Back