A Tough City + some weapons modifications

Hi guys, i'm sharing a pair of modifications of mine today: they are all Vanilla based.

______ A Tough City ______

Inspired and as an alternative of Shitface mod: http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/npc-behaviour-and-spawn-mod.766/
Whit this mod all civilians, hos, bums, every walking being in Steelport will be aggressive: hit someone and he will fight back, with weapons too.
Whoever shoots in the streets will be attacked from Steelport population. When driving if you hit a car the driver will follow you until you stop (watch at the madness of a mass car chase;)

This mod make every being in Steelport thougher and many will carry weapons:
Civilians can have bats, stun guns and police pistols.
Clubbers and pimps have an high chance to carry gang SMG's
Hos have an high chance to carry gang pistols.
There is chances to encounter mascottes with... RPG's ^^

I buffed gang members health a little more, so Saints are more useful now, and enemies are thouger too.Also you can hear now many lines that civilians says when they after you, to kick your ass ;)

NOTES:
With permission from Encogen i also added a version that include GPO's addons (more weapons for saints, homies and Dr.Genky)
To having more fun with civilians i use my mod coupled with IdolNinja's "Forced No notoriety" here:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/forced-no-notoriety.467/#post-4426
So no cops will intterrupt the fun ;)

_________ STAG and Cyber weapons mod __________

Never used much STAG and Cyber weapons in the game... did'nt liked them very much: so i modded them to be more fun to use.
Basically i removed overheating and charging, removed camera shake effect from STAG shotgun because it sickens me (truly!) I also gave to the Krukov a little more damage.

Cyber Cannon now will shoot at full power istantly and repeatedly: just one click and is ready for another click-shot without recharging. Now is a weapon of mass destruction!
I removed the recharging hud too (note: if you click-hold it still recharge but now is useless: in future versions i will look to remove the recharging if possible)

Some screens:

SaintsRowTheThird2012-06-0812-02-30-75.jpg

SaintsRowTheThird2012-05-2912-00-29-37.jpg

SaintsRowTheThird2012-05-2914-19-54-64.jpg

SaintsRowTheThird2012-06-0812-11-22-10.jpg

Attachments

• STAG and Cyber weapons mod.7z
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,570
  • A Though City - GPO version.7z
    5.1 KB · Views: 1,362
  • A Tough City - ver 1.7z
    5.1 KB · Views: 1,021
I dig the concept and it seems like a nice alternate to Shitface's npc behavior mod. Speaking of, I think you should at least acknowledge and link his mod in the OP since it is similar, even if your work is all original. (and to be clear I'm not doubting that at all.)

EDIT:
Also, I love the name of the mod: A Tough City

I don't know why... it just sounds kind of... badass... like a slightly stilted Hong Kong action movie title. :)

I dig the concept and it seems like a nice alternate to Shitface's npc behavior mod. Speaking of, I think you should at least acknowledge and link his mod in the OP since it is similar, even if your work is all original. (and to be clear I'm not doubting that at all.)

EDIT:
Also, I love the name of the mod: A Tough City

I don't know why... it just sounds kind of... badass... like a slightly stilted Hong Kong action movie title. :)
Absolutely right and done!
Ehehe yes, i think that Jonh Woo and Chow Yun Fat will agree with the title :)

Holy shit, you weren't kidding! A couple of shots from my hoverbike at a limo and I had crazed group of drivers chasing my ass down and running traffic off the road trying to get a piece of me. :eek:

2560B080B795FD25BEF906E69AC0ACB4B213FEDB

Managed to put a video of the mod on youtube: Car chase frenzy^^

First time i upload a video on youtube and i have to learn how to upload in hd, because the tube decreased a lot of the video quality.

so i read the read me and while i was reading it i noticed something...
"

-1.Extract this archive.
-2.Just drop the two xtbl files in Saints Row The Third install folder
...\steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third\
-3.Launch Saints Row The Third and play^^
"
it says two xtbl files, but there's only one which is the "spawn_info_ranks", what should i do?

Back