A Plea For Assistance

This is way off topic, but as it is still related to modding... Could someone please explain to me... In simple easy to understand steps, how to install a mod for Portal on Steam from ModDB?

I've tried following Youtube vids, Googled instructions... Nothing is working. And this is a recently updated mod, so it's not that it's outdated or broken or anything...

I just suck at following instructions... Emmet would be ashamed.

I'm guessing it's more complicated than just putting the mod files into the game's root folder?

I'm guessing it's more complicated than putting the mod files into the game's root folder?
Yep... I have to put it in the Sourcemods folder... But there's no way from there (that I can find), to connect it to the game itself, or even activate it through Steam.

From what I understand there is no need to connect it to the game itself, it's supposed to detect compatible games automatically.

From what I understand there is no need to connect it to the game itself, it's supposed to detect compatible games automatically.

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I forgot that the name of the Mod was named Error... And Steam games are arranged alphabetically... So I was just looking too low down my list.

This kind of thing happens to me more often than I'd like to admit.

Back