A Pierce replacement that makes him look like SR3's Pierce

Title pretty much says it all; I'd like to have Pierce look (something like) the Pierce from SR3, because he's way too masculine in SR2 IMO. (the only thing that's the same is his voice and his skincolour)
I'm fine with his current clothes, but his body is just way too "square"

It wouldn't be too hard, I think (because all NPCs use the player model, except with different sliders, right?), but I don't know how to do it myself.

It wouldn't be too hard, I think (because all NPCs use the player model, except with different sliders, right?), but I don't know how to do it myself.

You are 100% wrong, unfortunately. Npcs aren't built like the player at all and don't use sliders. They are a mesh and texture with extra components for clothing, eyes, hair, and teeth. You'll need to wait for mesh tools/plugins for SR2 before anyone even considers attempting something like this. Not to mention they would have to create it from scratch since the npc format is completely different between SR2 and SRTT.

Ooh, I thought they just used the playermodel/standard biped, because you said somewhere in an SR3 thread that you couldn't have the NPC's clothes in SR3 because they were entirely separate models, but that you could in SR2 because they sorta were the same model. (or something)

But aww ok, thanks.

You are 100% wrong, unfortunately. Npcs aren't built like the player at all and don't use sliders. They are a mesh and texture with extra components for clothing, eyes, hair, and teeth. You'll need to wait for mesh tools/plugins for SR2 before anyone even considers attempting something like this. Not to mention they would have to create it from scratch since the npc format is completely different between SR2 and SRTT.

So I'm assuming that there's no way to get SR2 Shaundi into SR3?

So I'm assuming that there's no way to get SR2 Shaundi into SR3?

Probably not, but wouldn't that be story/gameplay-breaking? I mean, Zimos makes a reference on how he didn't recognize her without her dreads, and she kinda left that slutty attitude behind her...

I don't know where you're getting the idea they don't use sliders. NPCs _are_ built with sliders _before_ they are baked in sr2.

MrPlow said:
The NPCs were all built out of the same basic body mesh, customization morphs, and clothing components that we used for the player customization. We had a special NPC construction tool for the character artists to use, which was basically an ugly Windows GUI wrapping all of the same options in the in-game customization interface, plus some extra data for setting up the randomization percentages. I assume that the xtbl files that you are seeing are the output of this tool.

I don't know where you're getting the idea they don't use sliders. NPCs _are_ built with sliders _before_ they are baked in sr2.

Then you obviously didn't understand what he was trying to explain.

Then you obviously didn't understand what he was trying to explain.

I guess I don't. I honestly don't see how "The NPCs were all built out of the same basic body mesh, customization morphs, and clothing components that we used for the player customization. We had a special NPC construction tool for the character artists to use, which was basically an ugly Windows GUI wrapping all of the same options in the in-game customization interface, plus some extra data for setting up the randomization percentages."

isn't interpreted as "they use sliders to do it". Enlighten me.

Back