A couple of questions regarding the mod patch

First off, it's been a while guys. How have ya all been?
Wanted to balance modding and PSO2 out but PSO2 won the battle for a while. Shame it'll be an absolute pain in the wallet for SEGA to bring the game to the west. Especially with all the licencing of all the collaborations they've done. Oh well it's fun on the JP servers on ship2.

Second off, how has the mod patch been going? I'm glad to see Knobby is still active on it. :)

And third off, but most importantly, the questions this thread is about:
  • NPCs in the new format. Other than homies, how will they be handled? Is there already a possibility to add NPCs in the new format?
  • Vehicles in the new format.
The format regarding vehicles seems quite clear, but the issue with the vehicle str2_pc files persists.

I've tried both vpkg_wd.exe and Minimaul's tools to repack a vehicle with literally everything vanilla, and updated the asm_pc files accordingly after placing both the vehicle and the asm_pc file in the root with the client.

The game just says nope. So I doubt anything regarding vehicles in the new format are going to work in its current state.

Quite a pity because in SR:TT it works like a charm but memory limits are choking me there.

• NPCs in the new format. Other than homies, how will they be handled? Is there already a possibility to add NPCs in the new format?
Currently, they are not handled, but it will be something similar to the existing modding patch stuff. You'd build a vpp with the str2 files and asm files and probably a table file(s?) that are necessary to describe the npc's. Technically you could probably build a new npc at this point with the tools that are out. Animated weapons are just character meshes.
  • Vehicles in the new format.
The format regarding vehicles seems quite clear, but the issue with the vehicle str2_pc files persists.

I've tried both vpkg_wd.exe and Minimaul's tools to repack a vehicle with literally everything vanilla, and updated the asm_pc files accordingly after placing both the vehicle and the asm_pc file in the root with the client.

The game just says nope. So I doubt anything regarding vehicles in the new format are going to work in its current state.
I'd love to see some examples to put into the debug version of the game to see what it complains about for you. If it's easy to bump memory limits or something I would just sneak that into the next patch. As for honest vehicle tools, they are on the list, but I don't think they're too close. Hard to say though as I haven't even begun my investigation into that stuff.
Quite a pity because in SR:TT it works like a charm but memory limits are choking me there.[/QUOTE]

Currently, they are not handled, but it will be something similar to the existing modding patch stuff. You'd build a vpp with the str2 files and asm files and probably a table file(s?) that are necessary to describe the npc's. Technically you could probably build a new npc at this point with the tools that are out. Animated weapons are just character meshes.
NPCs are most likely going to need to be listed in table files to spawn. But would that also include spawn_groups and spawn_categories? I'll be interested to see how you're going to work that out once it's time to focus on that aspect. :)

As for vehicles, I'll be intrigued to see what the debug version will say about a simple repack (without forgetting to update the assembler, ofcourse).

As for vehicles, I'll be intrigued to see what the debug version will say about a simple repack (without forgetting to update the assembler, ofcourse).
I look forward to seeing that. When you get it packaged up be sure to send it my way.

Attached a couple of examples to this post.
One has a cvtf from a modded variants table, the other one is a plain simple repack. Both coupled with a run of Stream2Update, to make sure the ASM is up-to-date.
Both samples are the Saints variant of the Infuego. Saints variants are the easiest to spot issues in.

Time for me to go back to the Third and rework the vehicles there. Used a bit too many fully_customizables there... :oops:

Attachments

• vehicles_issue.zip
    930.5 KB · Views: 578
Attached a couple of examples to this post.

So I get this:
Vehicle 'car_4dr_luxury06_3' has version 1668707430 which is not the supported version 57!

That...can't be good. So what that tells me is the crunched data isn't correct. Looking at the memory this looks like the cvtf file, but it wants it to be the car file I think. Looking at the ordering in your str2 it is different from the default one, so that seems to hold some water. I would try ordering it like the original file: ccar, gcar, cpeg, gpeg, cvtf.

Back