27 out of 32 Secrets Areas found with GotR bug (And other stats)

Examples of my problem:

It seems GotR screws up with my stats in general and it seems to be only on my end and I'm not sure how to fix the problem.

If I load a save that has 50 of 50 CDs collected and/or 80 of 80 Stunts completed and then load a brand new game or a different save that did not complete them, it will show them as 50/50 and 80/80. It does not unlock anything and it does not acknowledge that the game even got them because if I go collect a CD, it will say 1 of 50 on the screen while it would still be 50 of 50 in stats. Likewise for the Stunts if I do one.
This seems like a visual issue so I can somewhat deal with this one and just aim for all CDs in one go if I have to or the same for Stunts to make sure I get them all and not follow the stats...
...The problem is I can't do the same with the Secret Areas found stats.

For Secret Areas, I've tried everything possible I could think of.
Not shown in any of the videos, but for some reason with GotR installed (no other mods mind you AND it doesn't matter if I pick any of the optional choices OR if I customize the patch or not... both give the same results for me) is that right from the boat from the Prison Island, my stats will say I have 1 of 32 Secret Areas found.
Of course, there are no secret areas for me to find on Prison Island, and Carlos bringing us to shore will not travel to one. It seems this "1" is Bone Island. I'm not sure why it triggers before I even get there, but it does. Sometimes of course it might show as 0 with no Secret Areas, but those few times don't matter as it will still give me the same outcome.

After finding all 32 Secret Areas WITH GotR installed, if I load the save, it will show as 27/32. No matter if I open or close the game, restart the computer, or whichever. I'll list all that I've tried just to see if any of these will have a different outcome.

- I tried normally on a new save with no changes. Still, 27/32 on reload.

- I've tried making a new GotR patch and finding all Secret Areas. Same outcome.

- Tried getting my friend's GotR patch (as he's not having this 27/32 bug happen) and added to my game's Directory. Same outcome.

- Tried removing every custom option and just added GotR with 0 changes to the game. Same outcome.

- I've tried verifying all the files on Steam twice. One time with GotR installed and one without. It only found 3 files needing to be redownloaded (The GotR altered files) and then putting GotR back in. Same outcome.

- I've gone as far as to try a pirated copy from a 2nd friend just to see if somehow the Steam version just messing up. Nope. It's literally doing the same thing as my Steam copy so I just deleted the pirated copy. Same outcome.

In the 2nd video, I've decided to go for all of the Secret Areas without GotR installed at all. Got all 32/32 and loaded the save. Still show 32/32. I then put back GotR with 0 custom options and loaded the vanilla save. Still shows 32/32.
When I then save the game making it into a GotR save... once again with 0 custom options, the game loads me by Aisha's house and my Secret Areas is back to 27/32 found. I can't figure out why GotR only does this to my game and not my friend's copy.
How would I fix this issue? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the game completely and GotR with and without any custom options and it's the same problem.
It's going to be impossible I'm sure to even get all my friend's files for the game to see if that would fix the issue, and I doubt it would work with Steam if I got the files from my friend and not from Steam directly.

Can someone tell me how to solve this?

EDIT:
UPDATE!
So I've loaded the last save and decided to see if the numbers are just a visual glitch like the CDs and the Stunts on any save I load in general after collecting them all on another save, but it seems that going back to the last save that those numbers mean that some of my Secret Areas are NOT saving at all. The saving saves everything it seems except for these 5 for me with GotR:
Ruin Island
Lookout Island
Super Secret Area
Volition Oasis
Shipwreck Cove

What's confusing is it seems to be these specifically because the very last one I've been to in the last save was Lost Island, but Lost Island actually got saved meaning it's intentionally leaving out the ones before it.

Why won't these 5 save for me with GotR installed?

Last edited:
Back