1st time in the game, some basic questions.

I've installed the game for 1st time and can't see the inventory. How can I change clothes?

I'm just after the alien defeated me in which may be a dream in 50's, can I do something here more than walk following instructions?

I've just finished all the "simulation" part, 30% complete, now I need to exit to the "real world", it is obvious that is no such thing as inventory in this game, you can't do whatever you want as in Fallout 3 or 4 but still very fun and addictive.

I have another question now, I've found a lot of cool animations that are played in certain circumstances, is there a way to force to play those animations trough commands or cheats?

Another question, and this is important:

Are useful the cars?
We can fly and run, that is better than drive, so are there a useful task for cars in game?

Please answer at least this last one because I will not spend more money in cars.

It's like saying "If I have a car my bike is useless". You can use cars or you can use superpowers - your choice. I personally like simply walk.
I though that maybe we will need to use cars out of the simulation (in real life) but apparently we will be in the simulation 90% of the game (correct me if I'm wrong). So, in conclusion, cars are purely cosmetic in this game? no advantage over superpowers?

Another question...
Please don't post multiple times in a row. See the forum Terms of Service and Rules, "PART II: Basic Posting Common Sense", Rule #1.
Are useful the cars? We can fly and run, that is better than drive, so are there a useful task for cars in game?
This is my biggest complaint about Saints Row IV. No -- cars are not really useful. I mean, they are not needed for most game play. They are more ornamental than anything else. That's why I don't like having superpowers. I prefer Saints Row 1, 2, and 3 because cars are actually useful in those games, and I really enjoy driving and customizing cars. Even though I still can customize cars in Saints Row IV, I don't get much satisfaction out of doing it if there's no reason to.

Last edited:
Ah, sorry by the multi post but it was not at once, it was in different days so for not be opening all kind of posts with stupid noob questions I've decided to do one post, but it's ok.

I've noticed mods that remove superpowers and I've figured out would be for this issue, well, is a good game anything (clothes are also cosmetic and are good). If I have new questions I'll open new threads. Thanks for ask about the cars, I'll stop invest in them.

... I've decided to do one post, but it's ok.
You actually did 3 posts in a row, not one. You seem to be confusing the word "post" with "thread" -- they are different.
If I have new questions I'll open new threads.
I'm not suggesting that you open new threads either, since the topic of this thread is sufficiently general to cover all the questions you may have. Just simply combine any consecutive posts into a single post using the Edit button in the future. :)
Clothes are also cosmetic and are good.
True. But if you haven't played the older Saints Row games, I highly suggest trying them. I personally like them better for reasons discussed in this thread.

Ok, in that case I will still asking here. Another big question: I have 4 upgradeable gang members and I see them as violet dots in the map, in combat I don't think they're useful because I don't want to hurt them and they drop my rates in combat but they seem not enough helpful to have that obstacle in all my missions and I've started to kill everyone in my path, some questions:

1. I saw a message telling something like this: "Press <unbound> to recruit> what does it means? Can I recruit new followers?
2. Will they be useful in end game, considering my superpowers?
3. The same questions for calling my vice-president for backup, he's not particularly helpful either...

1. I saw a message telling something like this: "Press <unbound> to recruit> what does it means? Can I recruit new followers?
You can recruit new followers, but first you have to bind the recruit/dismiss button first--why it isn't bound by default is beyond me...
2. Will they be useful in end game, considering my superpowers?
Once they get superpowers, yes. But only with the ones you call individually. The random ones on the street don't get powers. If you got the Hey Ash pack, then those followers start with powers
3. The same questions for calling my vice-president for backup, he's not particularly helpful either...
He's the only one that gets powers from the main story instead of a loyalty mission--the only follower that does if you only go through the main story

Back