Big Layoffs Hit Agents of Mayhem Developer Volition

Please use the report button :)
Hate to backseat moderate, but Seulb's constant wet blanketry's starting to get annoying.
Forum Rules said:
On a side note...
Forum Rules said:
6. I thought this was obvious, but anyway: if you've been banned for any reason (even if it's only a temporary ban), DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT TO CIRCUMVENT YOUR BAN. Any ban that you attempt to circumvent in this way will result in all of your accounts being permanently banned.

Now they just need to hire Steve Jaros back.
Ah yes he left for Valve, right? I don't think it's very likely for him to jump from Valve to Volition to be honest. Let's hope they can find someone else to steer the ship on releasing a Saints Row game or whatever else they have in mind for the future.

Right now they are probably busy patching AoM to make sure it doesn't run like shit though. Seriously I have a GTX 1070 and it has sudden lag spikes out of nowhere and moving the camera triggers stutter one in ten times.

I was wondering why the Volition streams stopped so abruptly. Now I know. :(
I am very sorry for everyone who was laid off. I know how difficult it is.
This really sucks! I feel so bad.

Even though I was not thrilled with the idea of AOM instead of SR5, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. A bad decision was made, but unfortunately the people who frequently get laid off are not the ones who made the decision. They are the ones who worked hard to make the best game they could with the direction they were given.
Just like what happen with Fargo's Low-Rank workers

The game is already 66% off on Steam.

Ouch.
I'm looking forward to seeing how this will affect the sales. SteamSpy is currently reporting sales around 33k. If they released a major patch with the sale it would probably have made a larger impact, since the game is still known for running like crap on some GPUs.

Wait, the price of Gat and Lazarus are both the same? Why not reduce it? The way it is now both characters combined cost as much as half the game!

Last edited:
Back