Working elevator mod with drawbridges down

we should have this mod because i love the working elevators mod in sr3 but then i completed the game and the drawbridges are up which i really hate then i have a mod to fix that but its the same file name so is there a way to combine the mods and make a working elevator mod with drawbridges down that would really help and the sandbox + mod will make my game lag.

Please reply back
Sincerely: P8uu12
maxresdefault.jpg
latest

I'm no modder, but something like this sounds damn near impossible if you aren't a code junkie....anyone with experience want to clarify?

we should have this mod because i love the working elevators mod in sr3 but then i completed the game and the drawbridges are up which i really hate then i have a mod to fix that but its the same file name so is there a way to combine the mods and make a working elevator mod with drawbridges down that would really help and the sandbox + mod will make my game lag.

Please reply back
Sincerely: P8uu12
Working elevator mod with drawbridges down already exists. Just install Sandbox+ with working elevators. The instructions to do that are in the working elevators readme.txt file. Then use Sandbox+ to put the drawbridges down (just press 5 + DOWN on the keyboard).
Easy!

(Sandbox+ shouldn't make your game lag)

Last edited:
Actually, this wouldn't be that hard. I already have a drawbridges down mod that relies on LUA code, and I could just add my code to the sr3_city.lua file of the working elevators mod. The only reason why I haven't done this already is because I'm using the easy activities mod which is incompatible with the working elevators mod because both use the stream_grid.asm_pc file. If someone was willing to integrate those two, I could add my SR3_city.lua edits to the working elevators mod in a thrice.

Actually, this wouldn't be that hard. I already have a drawbridges down mod that relies on LUA code, and I could just add my code to the sr3_city.lua file of the working elevators mod. The only reason why I haven't done this already is because I'm using the easy activities mod which is incompatible with the working elevators mod because both use the stream_grid.asm_pc file. If someone was willing to integrate those two, I could add my SR3_city.lua edits to the working elevators mod in a thrice.
I'm still not clear what your mod does that we can't do with Sandbox+. I put the drawbridges down and use my elevator mod together with no problems, as I stated in my post above. This is already done. I'm not sure why we would need another mod that does the same thing.

You're effectively right insofar as my mod is a subset of the functionality of the work you've already done in Sandbox+. The difference is that my mod touches only a single file and forces the drawbridges down at a certain point. That means that (for me at least) it's easier to integrate other mods with it. I'm not saying that my work is better or anything; actually the opposite. That said, I don't need all the added functionality in yours and I don't want to choose between drawbridges and zombies being on or off; I just want them forced off at the end of the story so my mod only adds that function. All I'm saying is that for anyone who (for any reason) doesn't want to use Sandbox+, there's another option.

I understand. Thanks for the explanation. And please don't give me credit for the incredible Sandbox+ mod, which was created by IdolNinja (who now works for Volition because they liked his work so much). I only combined that with my elevator mod with his permission. :)

But if you want to combine my elevator mod with your mod, that's fine with me as long as you give me credit for the elevator mod with a link to my original mod posting.

Last edited:
Roger Wilco.

That said, I still love your work too. I haven't seen a modding community this active since Freelancer and it's a testament to Volition's work that there are still people on the forum this long after the game's initial release. I'm having a lot of fun with the game thanks to the great team on this forum.

That said, I still love your work too. I haven't seen a modding community this active since Freelancer and it's a testament to Volition's work that there are still people on the forum this long after the game's initial release. I'm having a lot of fun with the game thanks to the great team on this forum.
Thank you. :)

I have to give Minimaul a lot of credit for setting up and maintaining this forum and keeping everything sane and under control. The strict forum rules against piracy has enabled us to maintain a good relationship with Volition, instead of having an adversarial relationship like some modders have. That's one thing that's kept me here so long. The modders here want to work with Volition and Volition works with us which benefits everyone involved!

(and, P.S. Volition is REALLY busy, but we all understand that and appreciate their efforts)

Last edited:
Back