Game closes self for co-op client when using retry from checkpoint crash

I've been playing SRIV with my brother, and he "crashes" every time we hit retry on any mission. Whether he's a host or client, in all actuality. Singleplayer is fine. He uses Windows 10, more specifically I believe this is the computer (I recall it being upgraded from Windows 8) : https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883156618

Game runs fine, good frames on I think medium, some input issues (can't hold super jump and sprint at same time) but I think that might just be the horrid keyboard he has, not the game. Otherwise this is the one thing stopping us from playing.

Attached is a .zip collection of the mdmps we've got up until today, and the .nfo file requested.

You guys asked for an Event Viewer thing to see the crash error, but this particular issue is peculiar in that not only does it not show an error pop up, simply freezing at load screen, then closing itself as if it were Alt+F4'd. This does not show up in Event Viewer. Nothing even shows up around the times it happens.

I unfortunately cannot post any EV info on this because it's non-existent. I hope that's okay.

Attachments

• saintsrow_crasherrors.zip
    160.9 KB · Views: 309
  • carsoninfo.zip
    293.1 KB · Views: 305
Thanks to knobby at the Steam hub for SR4, I've found out it's somehow related to the game trying to tell the other player I have something they do not.

I'm not sure why this doesn't crash them immediately upon entering, but trying another person entirely after a fresh install yields the same result.

My character was a downloadable I uploaded from SR3, not sure why it's broken like this. But I think it's related.

Back