Need help with broken UV maps

Hello, I'm pretty new to exporting/importing models, and 3D modeling in general. I've been using Blender 2.77 on Windows for over a month now and I've managed to import a model into Garry's Mod and created a ragdoll out of a model of Axl I downloaded. Now I'm taking a bigger step forward by extracting models from Saints Row the Third.

I've managed to extract Pierce from the game using Gibbed tools, SR4 Mesh Viewer and Texture utilities. I converted him into an obj. using the mesh viewer and imported him into Blender. The model looks fine, but when I attempted to apply one of his textures to him, this happened:
0V22dMe.png

U6828g7.png

The texture is not being applied correctly and it seems like the UV map is broken. I have no idea how to fix this and I really need help.

Is there anyway to fix the UV map or extract the model with the UV map the way it's suppose to be? Do I need to use an alternative method to extract? I feel so lost right now.
I am determined to make a Gmod playermodel of Pierce and possibly some other characters, however I'm afraid this problem is going to prevent me from doing so.

If anybody knows how to fix this, please tell me. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Sorry for laughing I realize what the problem was, I thought it was like a Problem I had in Fallout 4.
Actually according to the Person who made Mesh Viewer, Missinglink, The UV Map was never taken into question on Exporting so...we'll never get that fixed unless you take the Extracted/Converted/Exported OBJ & use it to make an item from the Maya Templates Devs have provided.

The Problem
= Normals are Flipped between Right/Out & Wrong/In in triangulation
= You can't easily select all by Backface Culling Normals cause N > Shading > Backface Culling
= The UV Map needs to be Modifier > Data Transfer from the Original File to work

Last edited:
Back