Is Pierce the REAL boss in this game?

Playing through this game, I never actually felt like the Leader, more like an Enforcer for Pierce. he seems to be the guy with all the connections and hook ups...and the guy who rounds up the saints and makes moves with or without you. in the beginning when you rob the armory, this guy comes through with like 10 choppers and you'rr pretty much Watching His Back. this guy pretty much makes it up in his mind to buy up all the real estate and You as the main character are kind of just....Going Along with everything he does. he says it...and you do it....you dont seem to have any true Control or opinion over what he does. hes the guy famous in japan...hes the guy who sells the Saints Flow and the condoms....hes the guy with the record deal...hes the guy whos in your rooftop penthouse as if it is His Own...and hes the man pretty much in control of Everything...and you are his right hand enforcer. you even give the guy the Mayoral position of Steelport when its all said and done...why??? because he is the Boss....and you are his loyal attack dog.

Shaundi is pretty much just a Reality TV star who loosely Associates with you and Pierce...and ONLY seems to care about revenge for Gats death...and nothing else. if Gat didnt die, it doesnt seem like she would even be Involved in this whole storyline. the whole time, she is out for Revenge for Gat...and doesnt seem to care about Steelport At All.

it kind of feels like...your main characters are Going Their Own Way in this game. in SR1, you were under Julius and came into your own as kind of the #2 guy. in SR2, you were the BOSS and Gat was your main enforcer....in SR3, it seems the 3 of you are just Your Own Individuals.

Playing through this game, I never actually felt like the Leader, more like an Enforcer for Pierce. he seems to be the guy with all the connections and hook ups...and the guy who rounds up the saints and makes moves with or without you. in the beginning when you rob the armory, this guy comes through with like 10 choppers and you'rr pretty much Watching His Back. this guy pretty much makes it up in his mind to buy up all the real estate and You as the main character are kind of just....Going Along with everything he does. he says it...and you do it....you dont seem to have any true Control or opinion over what he does. hes the guy famous in japan...hes the guy who sells the Saints Flow and the condoms....hes the guy with the record deal...hes the guy whos in your rooftop penthouse as if it is His Own...and hes the man pretty much in control of Everything...and you are his right hand enforcer. you even give the guy the Mayoral position of Steelport when its all said and done...why??? because he is the Boss....and you are his loyal attack dog.

Shaundi is pretty much just a Reality TV star who loosely Associates with you and Pierce...and ONLY seems to care about revenge for Gats death...and nothing else. if Gat didnt die, it doesnt seem like she would even be Involved in this whole storyline. the whole time, she is out for Revenge for Gat...and doesnt seem to care about Steelport At All.

it kind of feels like...your main characters are Going Their Own Way in this game. in SR1, you were under Julius and came into your own as kind of the #2 guy. in SR2, you were the BOSS and Gat was your main enforcer....in SR3, it seems the 3 of you are just Your Own Individuals.
I really like this theory!
If you look at this thread also, it fits with this theory.
https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/saints-row-theory-that-changes-everything.14342/

I agree with you, during the storylines of both SRTT and SRIV I felt like the Boss is just a regular member of the gang and not the leader. I get the feeling that the crew does not show the Boss proper respect and they are the ones who tell you what to do, not the other way around. It's like the Boss cannot come up with ideas on how to operate a gang and do "gang stuff" anymore. But I understand it from a gameplay point of view: the player is supposed to do all this and not just give orders, watch and wait for the results.

True, Pierce is the real Big Boss while the person we know as "The Boss" is just a regular gang member who underwent plastic surgery to resemble Big Boss. He's been subjected to hypnotherapy to make him believe he really is Big Boss. So while the Boss acts as a phantom for Pierce, Pierce is in the background pulling the strings and calling the shots through you. Steelport was just a distraction to keep the Syndicate busy so that Pierce can build his dream of Outer Heaven in Stilwater in secret. Hints about the protagonist's true identity are scattered throughout the game. For example when you disguise yourself as Cyrus Temple we get a glimpse at how believable you can act in the body of another person, because that's what you've been doing the whole game thus far. We also know the real Boss has a fear of boats from the events of Saints Row. However in this game you are on multiple boats without any trouble. Also, the real Boss must have scars from the boat explosion from the first game, however when you undress your character you have no scars on your body whatsoever.

Back