SOLVED Dubstep Gun Trigger Events?

Hello, I was attempting to change the song that the Dubstep Gun plays, and was successful in changing the song. However, there's something missing: the gun won't fire the wubs in-game. The song does play in-game (correctly too), but I believe that the .wem files contained some sort of trigger events - which, when played in game, causes the gun to do different actions. Does anyone have any insight about this?

Yeah, I can confirm that the .wem files the Dubstep Gun uses has some trigger events.

While playing Saints Row IV, I encountered a glitch where I was able to trick the game into playing the Classical Dubstep Gun song even when I wasn't firing the gun. Out of curiosity, I decided to equip the gun which I replaced the track of, and fired it. The gun fired, but not to the song that was playing on the Dubstep Gun, but to the Classical Dubstep Gun's BGM as it was playing in the background.

It seems like the .wem files have the events in them, and it looks like they were added by Volition once the song was imported into Wwise 2012. However, since there's no way to actually view the events in existing .wem files (as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong), I'm in the dark on how to get them.

Correct, the wubs are actually triggers by the music. Markers are added directly into the original wav file, which is added to Wwise and then generated as a wem.

I'll talk to the guy that set the hooks for those next week and see if he can provide any more details, I think the markers probably need to be named something specific.

Correct, the wubs are actually triggers by the music. Markers are added directly into the original wav file, which is added to Wwise and then generated as a wem.

I'll talk to the guy that set the hooks for those next week and see if he can provide any more details, I think the markers probably need to be named something specific.
After a bit of poking around, I figured out what the commands are. They are as follows:
Song_Start - Denotes where the song starts.
Death - Currently no idea what this does.
Cannon_Fire - Fires the strong wub.
Rifle_Fire - Fires a weaker wub.

I tested this with the song I was using, and was successfully able to fire the gun.
I think I'll post a thread later about how to successfully do this.

EDIT: Here's a sub-optimal video by me, with a bit of description of how I did this.

Last edited:
Back