"Classic Saints Row 2"

A planned extension of the Original SR GOTR Patch

Reason
Whilst I do like GOTR, I saw it as very stylistically breaking, with all the weird stuff added such as septic guns, lazarus gun, crazy stuff, etc.
Saints Row 2 was about being as Fl1ppy would say "Realistically Grounded Over the Top Mayhem" and he is right, SR2 was awesome, and I loved it's style: Crazy, but in a realistic way, GOTR just turns it into SRTT in SR2.

But there is another, main reason, Re-add leftover/cut content from Saints Row 1, I am talking about:

• Weapons such as the original McManus, SKR-7, Knife uses the proper model not the bntterfly knife model, etc, this includes Store Purchases, Gang Spawns, and unlocks, includes the original Shotgun/cutscene shotgun model.
  • Re-add Cognac, Gin N' Juice, Bubbly, Pipe, Spliff, and Bong (if animations are still there) and re-add the original effects: Drugs = extremely hazy view, but high damage protection, Alcohol = wobbly, vomiting, but super fists.
  • Probably Other Things that I forgot, or will develop on as time goes on.
Other
Since I am entirely new to making SR2 mods, I'll need help.

Also I am not suggesting ripping SR1 assets from the xbox disc, because A) I don't have it, and B) That wasn't the plan anyway.

Reason
Whilst I do like GOTR, I saw it as very stylistically breaking, with all the weird stuff added such as septic guns, lazarus gun, crazy stuff, etc.
Saints Row 2 was about being as Fl1ppy would say "Realistically Grounded Over the Top Mayhem" and he is right, SR2 was awesome, and I loved it's style: Crazy, but in a realistic way, GOTR just turns it into SRTT in SR2.

But there is another, main reason, Re-add leftover/cut content from Saints Row 1, I am talking about:

• Weapons such as the original McManus, SKR-7, Knife uses the proper model not the bntterfly knife model, etc, this includes Store Purchases, Gang Spawns, and unlocks, includes the original Shotgun/cutscene shotgun model.
  • Re-add Cognac, Gin N' Juice, Bubbly, Pipe, Spliff, and Bong (if animations are still there) and re-add the original effects: Drugs = extremely hazy view, but high damage protection, Alcohol = wobbly, vomiting, but super fists.
Other

Also I am not suggesting ripping SR1 assets from the xbox disc, because A) I don't have it, and B) That wasn't the plan anyway.

Just to be clear I'm not trying to be rude or anything but You my friend need to get your head out of your ass and start thinking about permissions. IdolNinja wasn't the only one who did GoTR, and there were others who helped with the GoTR project.
So with that being said, you'll need permissions before you do that.

Reason

Other

You wont be able to to add in the new drugs, I tried and it's not possible at all.-unless you replace all company of gyros with freckle biches and replace the company of gyros with more drugs.

if you need help you can private message me; I have modded almost all of the files in sr2 and know a lot about modding it.

You wont be able to to add in the new drugs, I tried and it's not possible at all.-unless you replace all company of gyros with freckle biches and replace the company of gyros with more drugs.

if you need help you can private message me; I have modded almost all of the files in sr2 and know a lot about modding it.

I decided on something else, rather than just make a new wholeblown mod, I've decided instead to make it a "custom addon" that will require GOTR anyway.

Anyway,

Are drugs/alcohol really hardlocked? Looking into the drugs file, I've noticed that they, are still there, just named under template, unless there's no way without adding it to vendor lists.

Also, is there a sounds string (along with language file or something) that gives weapons their name, and soundset (i.e MAC10_Fire_NPC etc) trying to make the AS12 like it's original SR1 re-edition including sounds, and function.

I opened the drugs.xtbl file in Volition's Table File Editor, they are disabled. Anytime when you open a .xtble file in that tool sometimes it will let you know that something is disabled by graying the option out.

Look at Homies.xtbl, see what's grayed out? This means Assassin_squad is disabled.
Screenshot_6.jpg

Last edited:
Excuse me for double posting. Look at drugs.xtbl and you will see what's disabled. Even though they're mentioned but I believe why they disabled them is probably the textures, meshes, bitmap sheets, and ect. were removed from the game before they shipped the game.

Screenshot_7.jpg

from what I could see, the meshes are still in there, and the gas station has the cognac model on the shelf, so it's possible

Also how does the table file editor work? Can't seem to get it running, it shows error messages relating to the item text and all that gizz

nvm, had to merge the patch and common folders.

They are enabled, it's just that they can't be purchased, So i'd assume there must be a Store_drugs or something that allows them to be purchased (or at least taken from npcs)

This is just the first step btw, the next step is adding the strength, and resistance effects (i.e bongs make you have supreme regen, but very hazy, whilst alcohol is dizzyness, vomiting, but super strength, the infamed milk bones effect)

nvm, had to merge the patch and common folders.

They are enabled, it's just that they can't be purchased, So i'd assume there must be a Store_drugs or something that allows them to be purchased (or at least taken from npcs)

This is just the first step btw, the next step is adding the strength, and resistance effects (i.e bongs make you have supreme regen, but very hazy, whilst alcohol is dizzyness, vomiting, but super strength, the infamed milk bones effect)
Nope. There's no drugs store xtbl. I was able to replace blunts with a disabled drug and it worked (apart from not having a mesh ) but no way to buy new drugs at shops.

I knew it had something to do with meshes just as I said in the previous post :D .
You are correct friend ;)

Last edited:
Back