Saints Row Reboot

Would you like to see a NewGEN Saints Row Reboot?

• Total voters
I remember steve jaros [or some one else at volition, Im not sure] saying in an interview that he cut freckle bitches because he didn't like the name becuase "freckle bitches" isn't a clever innuendo or a smart reference/joke compared to "rim jobs" or "on the rag".
But it is a clever innuendo!

I know! I rode that bike so much before I got a car. I loved that bike. :(

But let my situation be a lesson to you! This is why we must stand together, and fight against superpowers! Because the next thing to go will be CARS! Imagine a world without CARS! :eek::(

Last edited:
Reactions: F13
there ain't no goin' back after the shit that happened in sr3 and especially in sr4.
FULL STEAM AHEAD FOR MORE TIMETRAVEL-RELATED SHENANIGANS.

i've been on this ride since sr2. yeah. i make it no secret i am an old-school fan that loves the wild and wooly direction the series has taken.

it is like....
gta and saints row started in opposite directions. then quickly swapped each others style.
have you guys even PLAYED gta 1-2? that shit. was. nuts. gta 3-era games had more of a story, but still was wacky (what with in san andreas' jetpack and whatnot) then gta4 happened and it suddenly becomes a realistic darker and edgier crime drama, with nearly all storyline-related silliness cut out and religated to radio stations.

enter saints row. which started out as a relatively dark and edgy crime drama that got a little weird in the second game, went even weirder the third, then by the 4th dropped all pretenses of it being a crime drama and instead a game focused on packing as much funfactor and silliness as possible. yeah. it is hard to get immersed in. but while gta is an art gallery these days, saints row is a fucking waterpark. both can be enjoyable, but one is clearly meant to be more fun than the other. and that is how it should be for me.

Last edited:
I always felt the characters made sr more superior than gta 5; in gta5 every character is either the biggest asshole or "look at me, my only purpose is to be a parody of someone in reality!" whiles in saints row all characters are lovable even the ones who betrayed you or are portrayed as terrible people.

People want realism then reboot it with no Health Regen or Ammo Pickups, car & character customization cost $10.000 & up depending on the vehicle.

Vehicles get random flats, low on gas, random stalls, & vehicle repairs are costly.

Gamers die instantly from headshots, bleed out if injured & die instantly when falling from vehicles or high places.

Gamers get busted & jailed for a number of days, depending on the crime repeated offenders get jailed permanently & game over.

Brand name clothes cost $500 & up per piece, stores can deny service.

Weapons randomly jam, misfire, or need to be adjusted.
No infinite ammo for any weapons including tanks, aircraft, or boat.

No infinite stamina, the health & stamina bar is limited & will never increase.

Gangs will hold grudges, no cool down from enraged gangs or police, no safe areas.
that MIGHT be a little extreme. i mean, there is a point where even realism players will say "that is TOO real, man!"
even gta isnt THAT realistic.

People want realism then reboot it with no Health Regen or Ammo Pickups, car & character customization cost $10.000 & up depending on the vehicle.

Vehicles get random flats, low on gas, random stalls, & vehicle repairs are costly.

Gamers die instantly from headshots, bleed out if injured & die instantly when falling from vehicles or high places.

Gamers get busted & jailed for a number of days, depending on the crime repeated offenders get jailed permanently & game over.

Brand name clothes cost $500 & up per piece, stores can deny service.

Weapons randomly jam, misfire, or need to be adjusted.
No infinite ammo for any weapons including tanks, aircraft, or boat.

No infinite stamina, the health & stamina bar is limited & will never increase.

Gangs will hold grudges, no cool down from enraged gangs or police, no safe areas.

Sometimes I wonder if you're being serious or trolling.

The thing is.... you aren't Volition nor Deep Silver... They can make any damn game they want whose to say they have to pander to any fans??? The next Saints Row could be some Barbie Dream House crap or a straight up racing game. I've been watching this thread since it started, your ideas are unrealistic and really does not fit the style of Saints Row. There never would've been a split in fans anyway if Volition stood on the path of Saints Row, it would've eventually be considered it's own brand without changing the overall style and feel of the game. I could deal with laser rifles and brutes, but the whole mass effect imitation they're doing wasn't the Saints Row I fell in love with.

Don't get me wrong, letting Agents of Mayhem be a different IP but still apart of the Saints Row universe is great! I'm glad they're branching out into new worlds the proper way. They took Saints Row and made it something it's not, it had a well grounded story, lovable and memorable characters, a cultured filled and diverse city then they filled it with meme humor and childish nonsense which created a whole new group of fans and basically left out the old fans.

Onto your responses.

You're denouncing almost any ideas that bring up SR1 and SR2 and then spewing some sci-fi bull crap... I saw what you said in an other thread, you really think a Rick and Morty crossover is a great thing? You have got to be kidding me, that's money wasted on some cartoon about a kid and his strung out grandpa. That's definitely NOT Saints Row. Then you're trying to make Saints Row sound like it was the most realistic thing ever, it really wasn't though; you can buy upgrades (which is completely optional) to make your character almost invincible and make a gamer's life easier (I normally opt out of these upgrades). To wrap this up because I can go all day, Saints Row 1 and 2 were not realistic, they had realistic elements but still kept a balance in comedy and seriousness. Saints Row The Third and Saints Row 4 broke that balance.

Last edited:
... why not reboot into something that steps out as Saints title that's requires more than skill to play ...
I would hate that.
I've been watching this thread since it started, your ideas are unrealistic and really does not fit the style of Saints Row. There never would've been a split in fans anyway if Volition stood on the path of Saints Row, it would've eventually be considered it's own brand without changing the overall style and feel of the game. I could deal with laser rifles and brutes, but the whole mass effect imitation they're doing wasn't the Saints Row I fell in love with.
That's my whole point too. I'm falling out of love with Saints Row because it's not the game I fell in love with to begin with.
And I CERTAINLY didn't fall in love with it because "it was like GTA", because I'm not a GTA fan.
They took Saints Row and made it something it's not, it had a well grounded story, lovable and memorable characters, a cultured filled and diverse city then they filled it with meme humor and childish nonsense which created a whole new group of fans and basically left out the old fans.
My feelings exactly. I'm not sure why they decided to just throw away their old fan base, who really enjoyed the older games and would continue to buy newer games, but apparently they did.

For the record, I'm okay with Saints Row 3, but don't like the direction Saints Row 4 went.
what's the point of rebooting back in a direction that puts Saints in the shadow where Rockstar Games does it better.
I completely disagree with that. GTA did NOT do it better. No where near. Never did.

Last edited:
I completely disagree with that. GTA did NOT do it better. No where near. Never did.

I do agree with that! It was Saints Row that showed GTA how it was done, including taking NPC's as hostages or as a human shield then toss them into incoming traffic and ect.

A flat out reboot would be kind of meh. With what we have in SR4 at the end we could have a kind of soft reboot but still continuation:

Galactic Emperor Boss decides to bring the battle to her/his fiercest, most brutal and mad enemy in history of mankind: Her-/himself from SR1/2

To save earth (hey, and Carlos while we are at it ;) ) the player will need to set things right where they started: Back in Stilwater when the Saints where just some thugs. The style could be a bit more toned down from SRTT; meeting halfway between SR2 & SR3 whackyness; it would have the experienced likable Boss opposed to... urgh (maybe with a few choice options to be an unlikable ass anyway). Thats for story and atmosphere.

What I really miss from SR2 ain't the grittiness or a-hole boss. What I miss is whats most likely the hardest to implement: The big diverse and alive feeling city which Steelport not really manages to capture. The big amount of customization. And the epic amount of diverse quests, stories and cutscenes in SR2. The minigames where just optional minigames. You did them to goof around and get some nifty bonus not to progress or gain territory; you had to fight a gang-war for that. My guess is that this is what most ppl really miss opposed to grittiness; the overall size and "sandboxiness" of the game.

Back